PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Countries like the U.S. are pricing themselves right out of the education market. Students and whole families are in financial ruin because of it. I see a future, in another generation or so if things don't change, where only the rich, super-athletes, or minorities with full scholarships will be able to afford college degrees.
    Not too sure on the exact figures, but 15 years ago at U. of Nebraska I paid in about $3,500-4,000 a year for my education (tuition, room/board, food, books). Now my niece shells out closer to $7,000-8,000 a year. Cost went up a good deal. Plus they traded the cockroaches of old out for the snazzier bed bugs.

  2. #52
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    The elections were yesterday. The old corrupt government has been kicked out (not strongly enough imo, they still got a lot of seats). Quebecers were chanting "Na na na na eh eh eh goodbye" at him. The PQ, the strong party that is not the one who got kicked out, is now a minority government. The ones I was cheering for were not big enough to begin with, so they didn't get the seats that imo they actually deserve.

    At the PQ celebration, some nut opened fire and killed one, injured another. Then he closed the doors of the place and tried to set fire to the building. He was caught. His words were "The english are waking up", clearly this attack was political.

    Democracy.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    At the PQ celebration, some nut opened fire and killed one, injured another. Then he closed the doors of the place and tried to set fire to the building. He was caught. His words were "The english are waking up", clearly this attack was political.
    Clearly.

    One idea would be to allow everyone (from age 6 and up maybe, to prevent little kids from shooting themselves) to have guns. Imagine, if Canada was like the US, this kind of thing wouldn't happen ever.

    Instead he'd shoot up a cinema at the next Batman movie premiere

  4. #54
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    The elections were yesterday. The old corrupt government has been kicked out (not strongly enough imo, they still got a lot of seats).
    I wish you guys could vote in our elections.

  5. #55
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    sorudo's Avatar
    Server

    far shiverpeak
    Guild

    the legendary alterans
    Posts

    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Clearly.

    One idea would be to allow everyone (from age 6 and up maybe, to prevent little kids from shooting themselves) to have guns. Imagine, if Canada was like the US, this kind of thing wouldn't happen ever.

    Instead he'd shoot up a cinema at the next Batman movie premiere
    if it was like holland nether would happen, then again you would need to pay an insane amount just to get a sandwich.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

    sorudo.9054

  6. #56
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    One idea would be to allow everyone (...) to have guns. Imagine, if Canada was like the US, this kind of thing wouldn't happen ever.
    Your sarcasm is appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I wish you guys could vote in our elections.
    Yeah, well, with so much liberal support despite everything that happened, I am starting to doubt my country's ability to vote.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    if it was like holland nether would happen, then again you would need to pay an insane amount just to get a sandwich.
    I know, Dutch people are cool. In Holland, you only shoot politicians if they are truly bizarre, like being a *** ****.

  8. #58
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    I blame the media (perhaps prematurely) for covering fear politics rather than actual issues.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I blame the media (perhaps prematurely) for covering fear politics rather than actual issues.
    Don't blame people for making money. Blame the people who actually take media's words for rock solid truth.

  10. #60
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    I don't blame people for making money.

    I blame people for making money in wrong ways, like making the news spew out lies, or removing laws behind our backs that were put there to protect us, or using religion to control us, and such things.

    Rich =/= evil. But there's still a lot of criminals in the bunch.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off