PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    This will be my first beta event. Which server is everyone on?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Crystal desert

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have noticed a lot of changes for the Ele at a first glimpse and head a lot of people in the PvP lobby talking about changes to other classes as well. Looks like a major overhaul.

Need to play more tomorrow. :)

The "Dream" for the Sylvari is the best intro sequence of all the races. The emerging of the final boss beats the "minecraft" golem of the Asura.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I played a little Sylvari and -- gasp -- made an asuran; human it is.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Played two Asura through the starter area and a few events. Guardian and Engineer. Guardian because I wanted to determine whether my current human warrior's descendant will be a warrior or a guardian. Engineer because hey, why not?

The golem fight... the first time through, got the reward, leveled up, lost connection. Got to do the whole thing again. So I went through that three times. Every time I get pummeled into a Downed state, and I have no clue what hit me. Full health full health full health full health Fight to Survive! I'm zoomed fairly far out, and see nothing incoming.

Then I made a Sylvari warrior, and got through the intro -- then a new build came along, and now I'm waiting for that. I've played the warrior for about five minutes total, and far prefer it over the guardian. The guardian has neat wards that the enemies run right away from. Me: "Here's a ward that will heal me and allies yay!" Enemy: "Whoops, gotta run over here now." Every time. The Sylvari also got pummeled into a Downed state for the boss fight, and again no idea what it was.

Engineer was kinda fun being a ranged class -- I didn't expect that. I may end up making one for release. The game did allow me to equip two pistols, but I only shoot with one, apparently. Mrrr? Ah well, I'll figure it out eventually.

The worst thing, though, is that... holy framerates, Batman. I've dropped every setting to its lowest (but kept anti-aliasing, that didn't seem to have much impact when turned off and made the game look really crummy). Things are really sluggish in a lot of areas. I decided to order a RAM upgrade (had some bad memory that I had to pull, as it was giving me multiple BSODs) since I'm right at the minimum. Hopefully that will help, or fine tuning before release. It's still playable, but barely.

A few instances of lagville city, not related to framerate. And of course the worst happened for my level two engineer when I was in caves with level 4 fiery ember thingums, trying to collect fire opals. Someone in chat mentioned that there was an event that started that caused the lagfest.

Random thoughts, and oh hey build ready. Poof!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think you use 2nd pistol with skills 4-5.

Made ele asura... Might end up with less flexible profession, ele and eng are confusing... But others are flexible enough. Esp range/role change is important for me and seems all profs have that.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Loving the "/e" emote for RP. I really wish that ANet will make all chairs, bar stools, couches available for sitting in -- would really give a lot of immersion for RP IMO -- just make it so you can click on a highlighted chair, and your peep will sit.; would be awesome.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    A few more things. Almost every time I log in, I'm told that I'm in an overflow queue of sorts. I think it tells me I'm being sent to Metrica Province, but I could just be confusing that message with the Asura starting area. Nope -- just double checked. On login got "You have been moved to the Metrica Province overflow. You are queued to enter the map when it is ready." I have zero idea what this is supposed to mean.

I've no idea how to contact anyone in game. If there are any GWO alliance events, please tell me how to get to them.

All this blathering may not be suitable for this thread. Should there be a separate "BWE feedback" kind of thing? Or here is fine enough?

Playing with game resolutions, and found "Windowed Fullscreen." Not sure what it was, but tried it. The game looks much better than it did, and my framerates are much better just running around. For one of the last events with breeze riders attacking, I think I was at about 5-6 FPS (before finding the windowed fullscreen). I haven't run into any events after this, but here's to hoping that I'll actually be able to see more than a slideshow.

Probably not news to anyone that played the prior BWEs, but I'm having a whole lot of fun with my guardian and different weapons. The one handed mace felt kind of lackluster (due to enemies running away from my wards, as mentioned) but 2H staff and 2H hammer have been enjoyable. So my initial assessment of the guardian may have been too hasty.

The character creation screen still needs work, if you ask me. A bunch of colors in the palettes don't match what they show up as on the model. For example, a gray square for my Sylvari's eye color made them hazel-brown. And nothing is labeled for colors, so it wasn't until I noticed the "toggle lighting" button that I figured out what a whole second set of was for on skin color. And the slider changes how they glow. It'd be nice if I didn't have to play mad scientist to figure these things out.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    The overflow message you keep getting just means you're on the overflow server because the regular server for that area is too crowded to hold you. Once there's room, you can move over to the regular server or just stay in the overflow one, it doesn't really matter. I would guess best way to find GWO events would be to join whatever guild they're running under this BWE.

And yeah I noticed the colors thing too. Quite odd...

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Anyone else unable to log in? D=