PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I could log in, but couldn't make any new characters after a certain point. I made an Asura and Sylvari. Animations are neat, but I don't think I'll really be playing either.

Trying to give Thief a try this go around. Also trying to give Mesmer yet another shot.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Asura are so cute. Love their dodging animations, an especially the random hilarious dialogue they get. Wasn't going to make one, but might have to have my Mesmer be Asura.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Tried a ranger Sylvari ( level 6 now) and an engineer Asura ( currently level 5) this time. Both professions surprised me: ranger easy to play so far, and I thought I could never play a gun-slinger type engineer in a fantasy game but so far love it. In previous betas, I had played a human mesmer and a Norn ele. I had considered a mesmer as my main, but now I am not so sure whether it is to be a mesmer or a ranger.
    Very little problem with the servers beside being booted once, and since swapping out my graphics card, no problem at all even with the crowds. Don't have much time to play this weekend unfortunately, that plus my hurting elbow, means little game time.

I don't think I can play anymore. I understand the game; got my preview. I need to save the magic for when I can actually literally save it, and not get deleted. Deleted magic is no fun.

Also, Sylvari are gorgeous. The wife was almost suckered in to GW2 just by me showing her the character creation screen. Her GW1 necro looked like a Sylvari, that NF version with the wild hair and face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    I don't think I can play anymore. I understand the game; got my preview. I need to save the magic for when I can actually literally save it, and not get deleted. Deleted magic is no fun.
    --
    Shh, some people are trying to forget that...

Anyways, I think it would be cool if something actually did carry for the real game (half of the money, keep level up to 5, etc.).

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    The golem fight... the first time through, got the reward, leveled up, lost connection. Got to do the whole thing again. So I went through that three times. Every time I get pummeled into a Downed state, and I have no clue what hit me. Full health full health full health full health Fight to Survive! I'm zoomed fairly far out, and see nothing incoming.

That's actually on purpose.

When fighting any tutorial boss, the first time he hits you, you'll go straight to the downed state. It's their way of telling that you should be carefull around these bosses and how the death mechanic works. Notice that since these bosses always spawns adds, it's easy to rally.

After this script, the boss won't down you anymore. At least the tutorial bosses.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    That's actually on purpose.

When fighting any tutorial boss, the first time he hits you, you'll go straight to the downed state. It's their way of telling that you should be carefull around these bosses and how the death mechanic works.
    I suppose they don't bother to actually tell you?

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I suppose they don't bother to actually tell you?
    Nope. That's Scumbag Mode Arenanet for you.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Really annoying if that's true. Getting slammed into the downed state isn't fun. Even less so when you have no idea how it happened. My guardian got slaughtered when I ran into the wrong area. Swarmed by raptors, but --- hey at least I could see what I'd done wrong. Live and learn... or at least, resurrect and learn.

I didn't learn to be careful around the bosses (duh, I was trying to be careful anyway). I didn't learn anything, to be honest. Every time we've gotten through the boss fight, I'm not sure how we won. I'd kill an enemy or two, be unable to target the boss (tabbing through a horde of enemies doesn't make for fast boss selection), downed state, rally... win? What the hork just happened?

Though I do have to admit that the cinematic when the Asura golem appears has a few different voice over chatters all playing at once, couldn't figure out what either of them were saying.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Has the loss of XP due to dying always been in the BWEs? If so, I must have not noticed it -- until this time when a friend said that he was bumped from a recent level four to level three.

So, if people loose XP when completely dead, end-game will continuously be about keeping it at level 80?