PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    This thread was for addressing the 24-hour lockout. The previous thread addressed name reservation for names you already have. I can see how that minute distinction may have slipped past you, though.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Speaking of name reservation, I'm too lazy to search it.. do we have to login to each character in gw whose names we want saved, or is logging into the account enough to save all names?

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    you can see from this post how I got 'distracted'......

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    It is just me, but I do not like surprises. It probably won't happen, but would be nice if ANET put a little graphic indicator on one's HoM to tell whether your names are "for sure", in the list to be available at release-and the head-start.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Well.. since all you have to do is apparently log into your account, I'm not really sure why that'd be needed.

Other than paranoia I guess.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I have a PvP-only character whose name I would like to keep. Let us hope it's as smooth to carry over those names as it is PvE names.

*joins in the paranoid ideation*
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I plan on extensively testing the 24-hr lockout feature over the BWE. At least five times.

Also, even though I know it's account-based, I've logged into each character whose name I want to save. At least five times.

Five is magic. Just think...five character slots...coincidence? Five layers of tinfoil keeps the aliens out...coincidence? I think not.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Well.. since all you have to do is apparently log into your account, I'm not really sure why that'd be needed.

Other than paranoia I guess.
    Sure, paranoia sounds good. Already people with my reserved names in the beta, so a bit apprehensive, but you are right, why worry. Not like ANet is going to pull any stunts last minute.