The following is the words of my guild leader, xValkyrie, not me
After looking through many GW2 fansite forums and seeing what other great established or start up guilds had to offer, I realized none really fit how I play. So I figured, especially with GW2's ability to join many guilds at once, starting my own wouldn't hurt.
We're an east cost located guild, created exclusively for Guild Wars 2. The goal I have for Rampage is to create a fun environment for hardcore-style players who cannot handle an 80 hour playtime requirement. (Yes, I'm exaggerating) I expect there are more people out there like myself and my fiance who are hardcore at heart (or were during high school and college), but have a regular full time job and other obligations, and just can't do it now, as much as they'd like to. As such, the biggest points to take away are;
- We're requesting mature players. I'm not imposing an age restriction, but you've got to be aware we'll swear. I don't tolerate cruelty or overboard crass behavior, but we're pvpers first... we swear.
- Hardcore play style without a time requirement. By that, I mean: log on, and when you go to accomplish something in a guild group, you aren't going to find someone who has a total lack of situational awareness.
- I'll kick people idle for more than 30 days to keep the roster tidy, but if you weren't removed for some nefarious reason, you're always welcome to rejoin.
- We want to do it all, from scouting out the hidden jumping puzzles, to being active in world scale dynamic events, dungeons on every difficulty, dominating in WvW as a server, to pick up PvP and structured PvP after we find some solid gamers.
- We embrace being able to join multiple guilds, and certainly won't fault you for it. Nor will we turn away alts (they are subject to the same 30 day rule, to be adjusted as needed when the guild member cap is closed in on). All we ask is that when you play with us, you try your best. Nobody expects you to be perfect, just give that dodge button some good exercise and don't die slowly to something you can avoid or remove.
A little about me; I've both lead and been in many guilds in the past (I'm 27), from GW, WoW, Warhammer, Aion, and others along the way that I played briefly. I've played main tanks, healers, dps, in high end raiding guilds and in pvp-centric guilds/arena/teams. I've put a more detailed bio of myself up on my guild's forums, which is viewable after you're either an alliance member to the guild, or a guildmate.
Currently my fiance and myself are playing on Eredon Terrace for the BWE weekends. Once we know the release list of servers (if they differ from beta) and their time zones (if any) we'll be able to figure out where we're going to be permanently. I'd like to be on a server that has the same do-it-all attitude, and wants to dominate in WvW.
I love that GW2 is all about working together, because as much as I love PvP, I'm ready to just compete in the Mists and help my fellow players everywhere else.
See you in game! :)
Kathleen (Paiyn on Beta-Eredon Terrace)"
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-07-2012, 02:07 #1
[Rampage] is recruiting (GMT -5, East Coast USA)