PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Pre-GW 2 Launch Party?

Hey Guys,
    Might be a tad early for this idea, but figured I would post it.
    Since a lot of us will be essentially leaving GW 1 behind when the sequel launches on the 25th (headstart day! woot!), I was wondering if anyone in MVOP and the Alliance might want to have an in-game get-together right before launch. The 24th is a Friday, and I thought a drunk/sweet/dance fest in one of the guild halls might be an awesome way to wave goodbye to a wonderful game and ring in our careers with the new one.
    I have quite a bit of booze, tonics, sweets, etc saved up and would be more than happy to spread the wealth!
    Anyhow, just a random idea. Besides, I would love to take some screenshots of a bunch of us together to add to my already-sizable GW 1 screenshot scrapbook.
    If anybody wants to party down prior to launch, or heck if anyone has any better ideas, I'm all for it.
    Peace!

Calypso Velkhuun/Fridays With Myself

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Sounds fun, I'd attend actually if my schedule allows it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    This sounds like a pretty cute idea, lets do it =)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Like that idea! And we should let it run till the GW2 servers open....
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Like that idea! And we should let it run till the GW2 servers open....
    And beyond. GW2 and GW1 run parallel just fine. With everyone having dual monitors these days, I see no reason to quit GW1 when GW2 releases.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    And beyond. GW2 and GW1 run parallel just fine. With everyone having dual monitors these days, I see no reason to quit GW1 when GW2 releases.
    So, you're giving me a new PC + monitor? And all those others that ANet catered for that don't have a high end pc?
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

So, you're giving me a new PC + monitor? And all those others that ANet catered for that don't have a high end pc?
    I'll gladly help you find a job. Send a link to your resumé or linkedin to my pm box.

If you're underage, buy yourself a 300 euro garbage pc from ebay, with a 50 euro monitor and you're fine to go for GW1. I'm pretty sure you can save that from allowance and a summer job ;)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I'll gladly help you find a job. Send a link to your resumé or linkedin to my pm box.

If you're underage, buy yourself a 300 euro garbage pc from ebay, with a 50 euro monitor and you're fine to go for GW1. I'm pretty sure you can save that from allowance and a summer job ;)
    I've a very fine job, thank you. But don't think that because you have something that the rest of the world has it too. A lot of people might have multiple monitors, but I don't personally don't know anybody who does, so most certainly not everybody does.

I've a very fine job, thank you. But don't think that because you have something that the rest of the world has it too. A lot of people might have multiple monitors, but I don't personally don't know anybody who does, so most certainly not everybody does.
    With all due respect, virtually all studies show a 30+% increase in productivity by using a second monitor. That's huge. There is no excuse for not having one. When I asked my boss for a third monitor, he supplied our entire office with extra screens. I write this post on the second screen while keeping an eye on my mailbox and 2 burn in tests. Writing this post took me about 20 minutes while doing quite some work at the same time.

My desk at home has 4 screens, all of which I got second handed for a total price of about 150 euros. So if you willingly don't have a second monitor, you're really doing something wrong. Get a second one for a week and I bet you that you will never be able to work or game with a single monitor again.
    I gave my girl a spare one for school and she loved it to bits, and she's not exactly a pro pc user. As for me, I used to farm UW with my 55 monk while raiding Molten Core. Doing missions or endgame areas in GW1 is just so much easier with the map on the second screen.

The single best investment in any pc is a second monitor.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    With all due respect, virtually all studies show a 30+% increase in productivity by using a second monitor. That's huge. There is no excuse for not having one. When I asked my boss for a third monitor, he supplied our entire office with extra screens. I write this post on the second screen while keeping an eye on my mailbox and 2 burn in tests. Writing this post took me about 20 minutes while doing quite some work at the same time.

My desk at home has 4 screens, all of which I got second handed for a total price of about 150 euros. So if you willingly don't have a second monitor, you're really doing something wrong. Get a second one for a week and I bet you that you will never be able to work or game with a single monitor again.
    I gave my girl a spare one for school and she loved it to bits, and she's not exactly a pro pc user. As for me, I used to farm UW with my 55 monk while raiding Molten Core. Doing missions or endgame areas in GW1 is just so much easier with the map on the second screen.

The single best investment in any pc is a second monitor.
    I don't know about you, but I don't work on my home PC. I've got a very nice laptop for that. And yes, at work I do have a dual-monitor setup. But we're talking about the average person, that may or may not continue playing GW1 and may or may not start to play GW2 after the 28th. And I don't think the average GW player has a 2 monitor setup.