PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    I have petitioned the court for a gag order on Lady.
    Be careful what you wish for, it might backfire...

And what is a domi ~ anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I was suggesting a public place so that other folks from the site could join if they felt inclined.
    Yes, that's what I was thinking as well, when I read the OP. Some kind of New Game's Eve...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Evening... Is that yours, mine or the one on the other side of the world

Assuming the servers open on 0:01 ANet time (GMT-7) on the 25th, I'd say, pick the entire friday, keep it running until the servers open.
    Oops, I forgot about the potential time differential! After playing this game for 4 years I should have known better, lol.

I myself am in U.S. Eastern time zone. As far as possibly running a party for all of Friday, that sounds pretty good to me. We should at least give this a wide time berth so that people can pop in and out, also so that we can accommodate as many members as possible.

I did originally suggest doing this in one of our guild halls, but I can see the upside to doing it somewhere like LA dist 1, also. I guess it just depends on what everyone wants. Regardless of where we hold this get-together, the main idea is just to have a big representation of our Alliance, so if you guys want to hold it out in public, that works for me too. Personally, my preference would be the Imperial Isle guild hall (BaR's hall), mainly because it has that large, pretty, open area we could all gather in, but that's just my idea for the moment.

Really glad to see all the interest, guys! Spread the word in-game too!

I may not have a say in this because I am not in any of this site's guilds or alliance (do play a bit with MVOP though), However it would be pretty cool to have a GW(1) going away party of sorts in a little used outpost that when GW(1) was young held a lot of big unofficial parties/events. That outpost would be MAGUUMA STADE.

If we do the party in LA (or Rata Sum or some other area that is semi-easily accesible in GW2 for a new player) we can end the party in GW1, cross 250 years and do an afterparty in GW2 in the same area!

Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    If we do the party in LA (or Rata Sum or some other area that is semi-easily accesible in GW2 for a new player) we can end the party in GW1, cross 250 years and do an afterparty in GW2 in the same area!
    LA sounds great. Who makes the front page post?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    I like Rata Sum... It's a large open space... And I was thinking along the same lines.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I like Rata Sum... It's a large open space... And I was thinking along the same lines.
    I don't like Rata Sum , besides I think LA is iconic for the GW brand as the capital of the world since early beta. Expansions killed all other major cities such as Drok's and Kaineng, but LA kept at least some spiritual value as the center of the world.

It's a bit like ancient Rome. Even after emperors moved their seat of power to other cities like Alexandria, Byzantium or even Lugdunum, Rome always remained the spiritual center of the empire, with it's legacy lasting to our day. In the same vein, the value of LA is worth more than the ease of access of Rata Sum.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Everyone, we have to do it in LA because harniq's opinion is the only one that matters.

In a serious note, I tend to prefer the smaller outposts as to avoid folks who we don't know from randomly crashing the party. But anything works really, as long as it is not in a GH (at least if we want to keep it open)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-07-2012 at 20:15.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    LA is a major trading post (not as much as Spamadan, but still) so it seems that the risk of crashers would be much higher there than in menagerie or even Rata Sum. Personally, I'll go with whatever the group decides, but I thought Menagerie is a good tranquil place.

However, keep in mind that when GW2 opens up, I'm gone exploring. You're not gonna trap me in a glorified chat channel while there is mobs to kill. Anyone who wants to join me, feel free, but off to adventuring I go.

I still have to pick my main though. BWE3 I'll check out the elementalist, and finalize my prof-race lineup and my main. Then I'll be able to let you peeps what my starting location will be.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

For the purposes of keeping the party open, I would have to vote LA. Sure, it has some measure of trade going on, but the local chat there has typically been pretty friendly, and let's face it, if I want to spam the Trade channel with unids/ectos I'm heading to Kamadan, not LA, lol. So I think in LA we could probably keep it open and available but yet manageable.

I'm with Alaris on this though, I am not going to spend much time on an opening-day party in GW 2. I can hang and chat a little, but once the new game opens up I am gonna get on my horse and go start leveling. So any location in GW 1 for our end-of-days bash is fine with me, but if we are gonna have it public then I think LA is large and open enough, and holds enough lore, to have a great send-off.