Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    As I said, multi monitor easily and cheaply resolves that issue. In any case, I don't even know whether I can be there yet, real life has priority up to the launch. then GW2 has priority for about an hour after which real life takes over again.
    Not sure if trolling...

You could be logged into GW 1 and GW 2 with one monitor, you just couldn't look at both at the same time. Not that there is any reason to, because you can't pay attention to both at the same time.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You can play them windowed mode if you want.

For a while, I played GW and WoW at the same time, both windowed.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    You can play them windowed mode if you want.

For a while, I played GW and WoW at the same time, both windowed.
    I play up to three GW's instances at the same time, all windowed... And I could run more if I had more accounts. And then I'm not even talking about using my laptop (which is about a thousand times better than my PC...) But I know I will close my GW1 client as soon as the servers of GW2 open up... 200% attention to GW2 at that time!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

The party on Friday sounds like a cool idea (right before launch). Getting a pic of all of us together would be awesome as well.

Remember though, Anet said the servers may come up "several hours earlier" than scheduled for the 3 Day Head Start. For people in EST that is around Midnight (or perhaps earlier!) or PST is around 9pm.

Krisanna Wilfire / Magi Stormsurge

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    And 6 in the morning for mainland Europe....
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Server

Aurora Glade
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    And 6 in the morning for mainland Europe....

If i'm not mistaken, 00:00 Aranenet time will translate to 09:00 AM mainland Europe time.
    For all the stress tests lately that started at 12PM, for us it started at 9PM, so basic logic would support the above line.

Still, i believe character creation will be available 3 hours in advance, making it 6AM for mainland Europe.

OK, since we are less than one week away from this and now have some rough idea of launch time, I figured we should try to get some time ideas together.
    Here's my take on it: from what I have read, GW 2 launches at 3 AM EDT, which is my time zone. Since I will have to be up on Friday at 4: 30 for work, I am not going to be staying up for launch. I was hoping for a midnight launch, but looks like that won't happen.
    I still think we should "start" this in the evening, especially for those of you who will be staying up for the servers to open. If we start at maybe 10 pm EDT, would that be doable? I say that because my stay-up limit is going to be about midnight, but I didn't want to have this get-together too early.
    TL; DR version: My idea is to have this party starting at about 10 pm edt and running until launch roughly five hours later. Have it in LA so that people can filter in and out.

Ideas/suggestions more than welcome!
    Thanks!

Calypso Velkhuun/Fridays With Myself

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    ...from what I have read, GW 2 launches at 3 AM EDT, which is my time zone. Since I will have to be up on Friday at 4: 30 for work, I am not going to be staying up for launch. I was hoping for a midnight launch, but looks like that won't happen.
    Well, remember that ArenaNet has said they may start access up to a few hours earlier, so midnight (Eastern) is likely.

ArenaNet stated: "Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior."

Considering every single beta weekend had the servers come up early, I see this statement as "will" and not "may". Maybe not 3 hours, maybe 2, or maybe 1 but I'm betting they will bring them up as early as possible to stop mass login issues around the "official" launch time.

Last edited by Hadder; 19-08-2012 at 19:54.

Server

Aurora Glade
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadder View Post
    ....I'm betting they will bring them up as early as possible to stop mass login issues around the "official" launch time.

Hi, Official launch time is August 28 at 'blaap' time ;-P. Knowing Arenanet, they'll throw us a bone and open 3 hours in advance.. unannounced, ofcourse. Or hinted to by some overrated red rock.

Either way, this weekend will be awesome, get up early, game, go to the store for snacks, game until monday, sit at work like a zombie - Perfection.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    1 year registered6 months registered500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadder View Post
    Well, remember that ArenaNet has said they may start access up to a few hours earlier, so midnight (Eastern) is likely.

ArenaNet stated: "Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior."
    We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled. Watch the Guild Wars 2 Twitter account(twitter.com/guildwars2), that seemed to update very quickly for this evening's one-hour stress test. I only learned about it through the Gamebreaker stream tonight, but Twitter seems a better way to keep tabs on things. Obviously, Friday, the 24th will be a very busy evening. I hope the Anet folks are rested and ready(and have their party hats as well). Need to go get my snacks laid in, as well. See you guys on Stormbluff Isle.