PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't work on my home PC. I've got a very nice laptop for that. And yes, at work I do have a dual-monitor setup. But we're talking about the average person, that may or may not continue playing GW1 and may or may not start to play GW2 after the 28th. And I don't think the average GW player has a 2 monitor setup.
    You might think wrong, for several reasons:
    1/ GW1 pve relies heavily on wiki if you want to do it efficiently. For second or third playthroughs such as hard mode, a wiki is really useful. Same for skill caps, exploring, WiK.... As for pvp, it used to be really useful to check a guilds ranking during warmup in Tombs. A second screen is bliss in this game.
    2/ Increasing efficiency is not just for work, anyone making youtube movies, reason music, websites or just anything will need a second screen to get anything done, especially while doing tutorials. It is possible without, but so is doing tour de france without a bike.
    3/ If you have a company laptop, a second monitor is a very small investment for added fun in Guild Wars.
    4/ If you have any form of responsibility in your job, working from home is inevitable, which almost forces you to buy a second monitor which, luckily, is tax deductible.

Basically the conclusion being, second screens are cheap, spares are freely available on the market, and anyone with a second screen won't give it up anymore. The percentage of people with second screens is rising very steadily because of all those factors. Those are clear facts, which allows me to state that I expect most people to either have a second screen or be able to get one if they want to, especially if they have a notebook. Accordingly I can make the joke to play GW1 and GW2 at the same time since 100% of the gamers have the option to play dual screen for minimal investment if they want to. What you think is irrelevant in the face of facts.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I'm glad you're privileged enough to think that everyone can afford a dual monitor set up just because you can. It is not a crime to not have two or three monitors. Stfu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    So, back on topic,

When and where will this party be held? We'll need to organize this!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Haha, back on topic is a good thing! :)

Glad so many people like my idea. As far as when to do it, my first thought was to do it on Friday, August 24th, preferably in the evening; my work schedule allows me to be available any time after 3 pm on weekdays and I am off on weekends.
    However, I realize that Friday night may not work for everyone, so what we will probably need to do is ask those who are interested to reply with their availability times. IMO, that Friday night would be the best since we could roll our get-together into the launch of GW2, but I am open to suggestions. Really, any time that week leading up to launch would be fine with me, as I am going to assume that more of us will be able to be online in the evenings.
    I figure one of the guild halls will be a perfect (and private) place for this, plus the booze and sweets will be able to take effect!

So that's my timing idea, what do you guys think?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    Haha, back on topic is a good thing! :)

Glad so many people like my idea. As far as when to do it, my first thought was to do it on Friday, August 24th, preferably in the evening; my work schedule allows me to be available any time after 3 pm on weekdays and I am off on weekends.
    However, I realize that Friday night may not work for everyone, so what we will probably need to do is ask those who are interested to reply with their availability times. IMO, that Friday night would be the best since we could roll our get-together into the launch of GW2, but I am open to suggestions. Really, any time that week leading up to launch would be fine with me, as I am going to assume that more of us will be able to be online in the evenings.
    I figure one of the guild halls will be a perfect (and private) place for this, plus the booze and sweets will be able to take effect!

So that's my timing idea, what do you guys think?
    Evening... Is that yours, mine or the one on the other side of the world

Assuming the servers open on 0:01 ANet time (GMT-7) on the 25th, I'd say, pick the entire friday, keep it running until the servers open.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I think starting the party off about 2-3 he's before the release would be the best timing.

We usually take over the menagerie when Dii has a birthday party, maybe we could use that for location?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    About dual monitors. I had that for a while, loved it. My desk is currently too cluttered for it, I should do something about it.

But there's no way I am running a full game in the background if I am not actually playing it. That's just wasting resources, e.g. cpu cycles and such.

Farewell party sounds fun.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I'm glad you're privileged enough to think that everyone can afford a dual monitor set up just because you can. It is not a crime to not have two or three monitors. Stfu.
    You can tell I'm a bad influence on her from posts like this.
    (I'm so proud. <3)

And why not use a gh instead of a district somewhere, assuming everyone attending is in the alliance anyway it would cut down on randoms visiting. Either that or use LA int 1 as usual, to encourage people to visit.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I was suggesting a public place so that other folks from the site could join if they felt inclined.

Also, I'd say I'm just cranky in the mornings =P and harniq was stating his opinion as fact again. Shawn, you're a jekrface <3

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I have petitioned the court for a gag order on Lady.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild