PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    There's no trade going on in LA.. there's only three or four people hanging out there at any given time, and most of that is usually the remnants of the boat crew people.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    LA is a major trading post (not as much as Spamadan, but still) so it seems that the risk of crashers would be much higher there than in menagerie or even Rata Sum. Personally, I'll go with whatever the group decides, but I thought Menagerie is a good tranquil place.

However, keep in mind that when GW2 opens up, I'm gone exploring. You're not gonna trap me in a glorified chat channel while there is mobs to kill. Anyone who wants to join me, feel free, but off to adventuring I go.

I still have to pick my main though. BWE3 I'll check out the elementalist, and finalize my prof-race lineup and my main. Then I'll be able to let you peeps what my starting location will be.
    Hmm, can't remember the last time I saw trade going on in any other city but Kamadan...

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    For the purposes of keeping the party open, I would have to vote LA. Sure, it has some measure of trade going on, but the local chat there has typically been pretty friendly, and let's face it, if I want to spam the Trade channel with unids/ectos I'm heading to Kamadan, not LA, lol. So I think in LA we could probably keep it open and available but yet manageable.

I'm with Alaris on this though, I am not going to spend much time on an opening-day party in GW 2. I can hang and chat a little, but once the new game opens up I am gonna get on my horse and go start leveling. So any location in GW 1 for our end-of-days bash is fine with me, but if we are gonna have it public then I think LA is large and open enough, and holds enough lore, to have a great send-off.
    That's why I said "A New Game's Eve". At the clock of midnight (presuming, naturally, that the servers open on 0:01 ANet time on saturday), those that have prepurchased will probably be gone from GW and jump 250 to the future.... I know I will...

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    There's no trade going on in LA.. there's only three or four people hanging out there at any given time, and most of that is usually the remnants of the boat crew people.
    Indeed...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    LA's been my place of choice to get lockpicks, but hey, that was back when... My info on trading hubs might not be current.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Just dropping by to say I am totally up for this.

I would also like to add that I suggest that anything left over after our final monthly alliance raffle coming up shortly (seriously, you people have been really bad at entering ) becomes party perks on a first-come-first-serve basis.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Sounds fun.

I'd enter the raffles, but I don't need anything, so I'd rather leave it to those who need it ;)
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Lord, my luck with raffles has been so bad it can hardly even be considered luck, lol.

Seriously though guys (and gals), I am really glad to see so much interest in what was a pretty basic idea. For myself, I have tons of memories and screenshots from GW 1 and as much as I am anticipating the sequel, I will miss this game equally. I think with enough booze and sweets and fireworks and whatnot, we can have a pretty memorable time at the end.

Ok, so I know we are...what, 48 days away still? But I think at the moment it sounds like we are gunning for our end-of-days soiree in LA. International District, perhaps, or is there a preference? Also, would one of you officer-type people mind posting a party reminder as a status update once we are closer to August 24th?

I don't log on every day anymore (especially since I started fooling around with Phantasy Star 2 and slowly learning katatana and kanji, lol) but I do still pop in 2-3 times per week, and so I am more than willing to help spread the word about this party once we get into August. Thanks again for all the support!
    See you all in-game, both here and 250 years later!

Calypso Velkhuun/Fridays With Myself

Totally off topic

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    ...I started fooling around with Phantasy Star 2...
    Boy is that a blast from the past! Started playing that game (in english) 37 years ago and still have the Genesis cartridge, even though don't have the Genesis to play it on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    Boy is that a blast from the past! Started playing that game (in english) 37 years ago and still have the Genesis cartridge, even though don't have the Genesis to play it on anymore.
    Yep, seeing it roll into OB stroked my inner old-school nerd, lol. My brother was completely hooked on the console version, one of those games you "beat" 6 times but still re-roll new toons looking for a new experience. A labor of love, to be sure, but one of those games that went above and beyond what was expected of games, even 37 years ago lmao.

Slight edit to my original statement though; language barrier notwithstanding, PSO 2 needs work, even though it officially "released" on the 4th. I remember leveling in the original was somewhat slow, but this time around it is getting to be ridiculous once you hit about level 15. And the timed requirements for missions to open new areas are pretty steep, especially considering that for some strange reason, even though you can bring NPC companions to flesh out your party, the game won't allow you to bring an NPC if someone else on your server is using that particular NPC. Pretty stupid system, if you ask me; that would be like Guild Wars not allowing you to bring your Hero healers simply because someone else happens to have that Hero in their party.

Anyhow, I am quite stoked about this upcoming party. And I plan on being very active in our upcoming BWE since I still need to try out an Ele and a Thief. I have been using a Necro mostly but I really miss the curses and I find the minions this time around to be almost useless. Can't help but be impressed with the Eles, though, and the Thief looks like a really good PvP class.
    Looking forward to an experimental couple of days from the 20th to the 22nd!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Now that I have GW installed on my new PC, I will try to attend :)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Now that I have GW installed on my new PC, I will try to attend :)
    No, not try, but simply attend!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)