A guild for both hardcore and casual players.
A group interested in all kinds of PvE, as well as aiming at playing a vital role in WvW side of PvP; we're also actively developing our tPvP section, aiming for some tournament play.
A company of friends who value each other's time and dedication, while having fun. Together.
A coterie with vast MMO experience that has proven useful in Guild Wars 2, at all possible fronts - organisation, tactics, planning; achieving both PvE and PvP goals.
That's Midnight Mayhem.
And you can join us.
We're a PvX guild based in Europe, however we are open to people from all over the world. Our aim is general & high-end PvE and WvW, while respecting each other and having fun.
We want to avoid guild drama as much as possible, thus we seek players with mature attitude towards others and the game itself. That said, your age, gender, nationality or other similar factors are not a concern for us.
Midnight Mayhem is open for both casual and hardcore players. We do not require a minimum of several hours a week of gametime - we understand that the real life comes first and our adventures in Tyria are only there to spice it up; however when in game, we value the serious attitude. Limited hardcore is our default attitude to gaming - we may have our time and attention limited due to mature life, but while strolling through Tyria we really put our hearts into it. We do not care whether you are a freshman or a long-time MMO veteran, as long as you're made from the same mold as us, or at least of one very similar. Never forget that you're playing with other people - that's our motto.
We're using the TeamSpeak3 server open to all GH players as our default VoIP. It's not required as long as you are communicative and responsive over the standard chat. Whether your microphone broke or you're simply shy - that's okay with us!
However, we do expect all our guildies to frequently visit the guild forums and be as up-to-date with the data there as possible. The guild forum is the hub of communication about all the guild management, planned events, organising teams, and so on. Besides being the info centre, our forum is also a great place to hang out outside of the game, have a laugh with fellow guildies, join in a conversation, and get to know your buddies even better!
So, to reiterate:
* international, English-speaking guild with over 450 members (200+ active daily, 100+ concurrently online on weekend evenings), active in all formats of the game;
* active throughout the whole day - ~30 people concurrently online in the mornings, ~90 in the evenings, with considerable night coverage as well;
* no recruitation requirements - we don't care about your age, nationality or MMO experience - the only thing we seek is a decent approach;
* we have no specific requirements in terms of your activity - real life comes first, always!
* we are open for both casual and hardcore players;
* we are open on the issue of multiguilding for guildbanks or small guilds of friends you'd like to keep, however we want to be clear that we don't want to be someone's extended friendlist or backup team when they need one more for a dungeon;
* the TS3 voice chat is not required, however free to use by every guildie;
* we have enough of guild influence to maintain all the useful guild buffs 24/7, as well as to unlock and run all the guild missions which we do weekly;
* we're running organised daily raids in WvW, as well as provide guild commanders in WvW welcoming everyone to join them;
* weekly guild missions with possibility to run a redux at any time - all it takes is enough people to gather up and say 'we want guild missions nao!';
* no problem finding people for a dungeon, getting a hand in personal story, receiving backup in WvW, or organising some tPvP.
We're running an organised Guild Events' system:
* we organise Static Events (eg. daily Mining Runs, guild missions, WvW rush every reset, as well as more and less hardcore WvW raids) on fixed evenings every week, as well as Dynamic Events, which are proposed every now and then with a heads-up, so that you'll be always aware of an upcoming guild grouping;
* each and every member is encouraged to put forth their event, the way they want it, to run it when they want it;
* we have lots of ad hoc outings, organised already in-game;
* we're very liberal about our Guild Events - everyone may join them, but no one is forced to!
* we're also a vital part of the server's life, organising Costume Brawl Extravaganza events and WvW contests for the whole server.
We have set up our Guild Gallery:
We've also got a Guild YouTube Channel:
* be communicative, with a communicative level of English – read the chat when in a party, be responsive when asked, English understandable enough not to be ambiguous or hard to understand;
* we don’t care about your experience with the game or ‘player skill’ as long as you’re willing to learn and not whine about every obstacle on your way – we all were at the beginning some time ago, but we’ve learnt our lessons and can pass it on, so make use of our experience;
* be a nice, non-drama person – everyone can have a bad day and be moody or have an oversensitive moment, but don’t make it a norm;
* respect your guildies, server-mates and enemies alike, and obey the chain of command when necessary (tighter WvW raids, trainings, more complex PvE events);
* represent us – we’re fine with multiguilding and playing dungeons cross-server as long as you actually represent us often enough to make being in the guild sensible;
* frequently use the guild forums, understanding that they serve as a board of communication with each and every guildie - it's not only the place to check for scheduled guild events, but also to get accustomed with how we manage our guild missions or what's required for WvW raids;
* don’t be a kitten in the kitten for others – we’ll never force you to do something, so never force others into your parties if they don’t feel like it.
If you seek more information about us or wish to join us already, please visit our guild site:
See you in the land of Tyria!
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 10 of 14
07-07-2012, 15:09 #1
[EU - Gunnar's Hold] Midnight Mayhem - PvE & WvWvW with a mature approach
Last edited by drkn; 14-12-2013 at 21:06.
24-07-2012, 23:10 #2
We started the final BWE with exploring the new zones of Metrica Province and Caledon Forest. Rata Sum is just jawdropping!
The following morning featured our guild in the Mists, wreaking havoc in WvW. We even took a keep and were very close to setting a waypoint at it. We finished the Saturday evening by visiting Spekks together with Devoti Tenebris.
On Sunday we were more focused on learning the crafting arcana, playing sPvP when the servers were up and just general PvE mayhem.
I'd also like to invite everyone to explore the rest of our gallery which got some nice additions.
We also went through nearly all the available jumping puzzles and recorded the walkthroughs, which we'd love to share with the community :)
Important note: we are most likely leaving Blacktide on the release. The future is hazy, there's still plenty time to decide.
Regardless of having 60 people in the guild on the BWE and 90 total in the roster, we're still open for like-minded people with a mature approach who, above all, value having fun together.
See you on the release!
24-08-2012, 11:30 #3
24-09-2012, 16:17 #4
Going up after a month of silence!
We're at ~180 people right now, have ALL guild upgrades bought and available, keep the PvE buffs constantly up and the W3 buffs available to use.
We're still open for mature English-speaking players of any timezone, gender, nationality or even general online activity, as we all too well understand that the real life comes first.
30-10-2012, 17:53 #5
As of November 2012, we are currently looking for PvP-oriented people, mostly groups of friends who would like to join a healthy and thriving guild with a stable and strong PvE backbone. More and more of our guildies are getting into the W3 format and we're running tournament sPvP teams from time to time.
Of course PvE players are welcome to join us as well, but if you're a group of PvP folks, wait no longer and hit us up!
We're playing on GUNNAR'S HOLD and don't intend to move o/
24-11-2012, 20:25 #6
We're also interested in merging smaller or half-dead guilds into our group - MM is a place for everyone o/
20-12-2012, 12:50 #7
So far two smaller guilds have fully joined us, and we're still looking for both single players and whole groups of people who'd like to play in a bit bigger, more developed guild.
We're open for pretty much everyone - we don't care about your activity level, in-game experience, toon choice, in-game focus and other silly things. We value people and what they can bring to the guild when they're there, not how much time they have to play.
We have ~15 people online around noon and ~50 people online in the evenings, up to ~65 on weekends. Everyone representing MM, that is.
22 online at the moment, with guilds teams rolling in AC and the Tixx instance, some chilling in LA, some roaming in W3.
After christmas, we're pushing our internal organisation, with more nights dedicated to W3 and the less popular PvE activities, like story mode dungeons or low level fractals. We will probably open some of those nights to the whole server, with everyone welcome to join - and not only social events like the Costume Brawl Extravaganza, which will see its redux, but also dungeon nights or achievement hunts.
24-01-2013, 22:58 #8
From the days of headstart:
To high level FotM:
Through the fires of Balthazar:
...and less fearsome foes:
With some friendly brawls:
And fights to the death:
Here we are.
Alive, kicking and open for all the like-minded individuals out there.
Gunnar's Hold. Midnight Mayhem o/
11-02-2013, 23:45 #9
We're really active in both PvE and WvW.
One of our last on-reset SM rushes:
And a HotW night, on which we had 5 full parties in the dungeon:
28-02-2013, 20:56 #10
A bit over a year ago the first founding stones of Midnight Mayhem were set. While the game is only six months old now, we played in all BWEs as a guild and we started forming up much earlier, working on the guild's overall structure for quite a while now. Thus we had our first birthday party held four days ago in Divinity's Reach.
We all had great fun and the only party pooper was culling - we had ~60 people there and couldn't see them all, even on the strongest rigs and lowest settings. Apart from technical difficulties, everything went really great and i personally thank each and every of my guildies not only for coming together tonight, but also for being there, forging up one of the best groups to be in.
Some screens: http://s1243.beta.photobucket.com/us...MMs%20Birthday
And a very special happy birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDtZ9JRF0n0
With up to 90 concurrently active members in the evenings, and stable 25+ off peak time, we're more than ready for the guild missions. Our first guild bounties will be held this weekend and we're all very excited to play them, raiding together in open PvE.
We've recently reorganised our guild events system, introducing more scheduled opportunities to group up with guildies for both PvE and WvW.
Several people got their Dungeon Master titles playing only with [MM] guildies, never having to pug, as dungeon runs happen daily here, even when it comes to those less popular or harder dungeons.
We're present at every WvW reset, rushing SM and usually taking it on the initial rush.
Currently, we're setting up our core sPvP and WvW teams, bringing guildies interested in those formats closer together. We're especially interested in newcomers playing a lot of PvP, but first and foremost we're a PvX guild with strong social sense, and we're open for all nice, like-minded people out there.
At all times, given our size, we're trying hard not to become a zergish blob of random strangers, and it's really been working so far. Our take on how big guilds (should) work and why large PvX groups are the best option in GW2 can be seen in a discussion over on Gunnar's Hold community forums.
While we're still open on merging small guilds into [MM], we do expect to become the main guild for everyone joining us, and require our members to represent us considerable most of the time. This also applies to single joiners. We're building a community here, not an extended friendlist.
If you have any extra questions, feel free to contact me in-game @ Hectic Anorectic. If what you've seen so far sounds decent enough for you, visit our guild site =)