PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyHarmon View Post
    I assume you mean release of GW2, though four weeks would mean next month, technically.

If they were waiting for the game to release, I would hope they might just say so. And I hate to remind everyone, but release is still more than four weeks away.
    Yes, but if they start shipping next month (in four weeks), then it should arrive on your doormat by the time GW2 is released (which is in about 6 weeks, more or less...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Yes, but if they start shipping next month (in four weeks), then it should arrive on your doormat by the time GW2 is released (which is in about 6 weeks, more or less...)
    I guess my question is, "Does anyone know why it takes so long?" And my best answer is, "Because they expect a ton of orders." After BWE1, they're justified in hedging their bets.

If they were shooting for August 28, I would expect them to say something more like "within 6 weeks," not 4. And they say "within," not "after." And I'm hoping it won't take 2 weeks to arrive when they do ship it.

Okay, I've mostly accepted that I won't have the CDs for another 3 weeks. But now I hear that I'll be getting a coupon for $5 off the soundtrack in my Collector's Edition.

What do you think about this? Was it a smart move? I am glad they're sweetening the deal, but I expect most of the CE's are already sold out. And quite a few of the folks who care enough to pay double for the game probably went ahead and bought the soundtrack already, as I did. And if they didn't, they probably feel the pressure to wait until they get the coupon code in the box-- If they don't, it's kind of useless. Will we be given the option, perhaps, of using the code as more of a rebate?

I'm kind of glad I already bought it. I don't have to fight the urge to do so the whole time I'm waiting for the game to release.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHarmon View Post
    Okay, I've mostly accepted that I won't have the CDs for another 3 weeks. But now I hear that I'll be getting a coupon for $5 off the soundtrack in my Collector's Edition.

What do you think about this? Was it a smart move? I am glad they're sweetening the deal, but I expect most of the CE's are already sold out. And quite a few of the folks who care enough to pay double for the game probably went ahead and bought the soundtrack already, as I did. And if they didn't, they probably feel the pressure to wait until they get the coupon code in the box-- If they don't, it's kind of useless. Will we be given the option, perhaps, of using the code as more of a rebate?

I'm kind of glad I already bought it. I don't have to fight the urge to do so the whole time I'm waiting for the game to release.
    I'm glad that they give us a $5 refund for the CE coupon. However, it'll be 6 weeks ago tomorrow that I placed my order, and I still haven't received it or received the tracking number that the support person said I would get when it shipped. I don't care much for the delay, but it would really help if they would offer some explanation. It's hard to understand the situation when they don't inform us of the circumstances.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I got the shipping mail for my Skyrim CD's 2 weeks after I ordered them. And those had already been out for a few months. That's why I said 6 weeks... I just hope to see that email soon!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I got the shipping mail for my Skyrim CD's 2 weeks after I ordered them. And those had already been out for a few months. That's why I said 6 weeks... I just hope to see that email soon!
    I said 6 weeks because the support guy said 4-6 weeks (though the product page said "within 4 weeks" ).