PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Mehtis's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Dii
    Posts

    11,162
    CE includes the "best-of" compilation, so I'd assume that this a lot more complete set.

  2. #12
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Domitilde's Avatar
    Server

    Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

    Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Posts

    8,738
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    That's entirely your own choice. There's plenty of well paid jobs for the not-so-picky. And if you can't find a job, you can always make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    You make it sound like it's just so easy to get a job! Sure, you can apply to every single job out there, but if no one wants to hire you...you're SOL. People with your attitude piss me off to NO end. Just because someone is unemployed doesn't mean they are lazy and not doing anything about it. You're not better than us, get over yourself.

    I had to do the job hunting thing twice now, the first time, NO ONE came calling despite the number of applications I had out there, I think I only had 2 interviews, one of which hired me. The second time, I had about 6 places respond to my application; one place said no thanks, another gave me a phone screening and didn't call back later, and then I had 4 interviews. At least now I'm in a freaking stable job. Pay sucks, but I enjoy it.
    We must be too picky, bears.

    From profile:
    0 Friends
    harniq has not made any friends yet


    No surprise there...

    Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

  3. #13
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Lady Rhonwyn's Avatar
    Server

    Aurora Glade
    Guild

    GWOnline [GWO]
    Posts

    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    CE includes the "best-of" compilation, so I'd assume that this a lot more complete set.
    I presume so, too. As the pictures of the CE only show two CD's (or one CD and a DVD, hard to see from a picture ), and the DirectSong thing is 4. But we'll see!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    You make it sound like it's just so easy to get a job! Sure, you can apply to every single job out there, but if no one wants to hire you...you're SOL. People with your attitude piss me off to NO end. Just because someone is unemployed doesn't mean they are lazy and not doing anything about it. You're not better than us, get over yourself.

    I had to do the job hunting thing twice now, the first time, NO ONE came calling despite the number of applications I had out there, I think I only had 2 interviews, one of which hired me. The second time, I had about 6 places respond to my application; one place said no thanks, another gave me a phone screening and didn't call back later, and then I had 4 interviews. At least now I'm in a freaking stable job. Pay sucks, but I enjoy it.
    Yeah, when I left medical school (prematurely), it took me an entire year to find a job. It seemed like for every job, I was either overqualified (because I had a bachelor's degree in biochemistry) or underqualified (because I didn't have a master's degree). Fortunately, I found a job I enjoy with people who can tolerate me, and though the pay is lousy, the benefits are great. My boss wants me to continue my education, and since I'm working at a university, it would be free.

    Things always work out right in the end. If things aren't right, it's not the end.


    Also, I placed my order today when I saw the title of this thread. I'm very excited.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    You make it sound like it's just so easy to get a job! Sure, you can apply to every single job out there, but if no one wants to hire you...you're SOL. People with your attitude piss me off to NO end. Just because someone is unemployed doesn't mean they are lazy and not doing anything about it. You're not better than us, get over yourself.

    I had to do the job hunting thing twice now, the first time, NO ONE came calling despite the number of applications I had out there, I think I only had 2 interviews, one of which hired me. The second time, I had about 6 places respond to my application; one place said no thanks, another gave me a phone screening and didn't call back later, and then I had 4 interviews. At least now I'm in a freaking stable job. Pay sucks, but I enjoy it.
    No it's not easy. Real life is NOT easy. I drive over 1000 kilometers each week for my job. And no, I'm not better than you, except for the fact that I don't whine about a job and instead HAVE one. I know it sucks to find a good job, don't tell me about it. I got a call from every letter I sent, although I had to do my fair share of interviews before I landed this job. The pay is good, it's fun and it is stable as can be in this economic climate. And I don't complain, I f'n get on with my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    We must be too picky, bears.

    From profile:
    0 Friends
    harniq has not made any friends yet


    No surprise there...
    I don't even know where you got that from. But if you try to insult me with that, you only made yourself look miserable in my eyes by focusing so much on forum friendships. At least I know I have more friends in real life than on this board, that's a comforting thought. I got about a dozen people I could depend on at any given time, if necessary they'd do virtually anything for me, and likewise I'd do anything for them. That's friendship.

    So from your profile:
    56 Friends

    Can you honestly tell me whether you have more or less than 56 friends in real life. You know, the kinds of people who support you when **** goes down the ****ter? The ones who hold your back when times are not so good. So if you value forum friends more than real friends, what does that say about you or me? And if this insults you, it's basically because I'm right.
    Last edited by harniq; 10-07-2012 at 12:36. Reason: friends

  6. #16
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    bearsfwd's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    No it's not easy. Real life is NOT easy. I drive over 1000 kilometers each week for my job. And no, I'm not better than you, except for the fact that I don't whine about a job and instead HAVE one. I know it sucks to find a good job, don't tell me about it. I got a call from every letter I sent, although I had to do my fair share of interviews before I landed this job. The pay is good, it's fun and it is stable as can be in this economic climate. And I don't complain, I f'n get on with my life.
    I'm not complaining, nor was Domitilde. You basically attacked him for simply making the statement that it sucked that he was unemployed at the moment. He wasn't complaining.

    And the bolded part is a HUGE contradiction. You say you're not better than us, but then you turn around and say that you actually are because you HAVE a job.

    It's nice that you got a call from every letter you sent out. Lucky you. Don't you just have the perfect little life. Get your elitist head out of your rear.

    You're right, finding a job is hard, but it doesn't need to be made harder by people such as yourself that basically call those who are unemployed lazy, even though it's very possible they are looking for a job even harder than perhaps yourself.

    Now how about you, in your words, "f'n get on with your life", and quit trolling.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    I'm not complaining, nor was Domitilde. You basically attacked him for simply making the statement that it sucked that he was unemployed at the moment. He wasn't complaining.

    And the bolded part is a HUGE contradiction. You say you're not better than us, but then you turn around and say that you actually are because you HAVE a job.

    It's nice that you got a call from every letter you sent out. Lucky you. Don't you just have the perfect little life. Get your elitist head out of your rear.
    Why do you take that as elitist? I take it as realist.
    You're right, finding a job is hard, but it doesn't need to be made harder by people such as yourself that basically call those who are unemployed lazy, even though it's very possible they are looking for a job even harder than perhaps yourself.
    I was fully prepared to go work at a factory line if I didn't land another job in time. And if I get fired today, I will stand at the production line tomorrow, sorting whatever needs sorting to get an income. There's plenty of jobs and no excuse to be jobless, except for elitism "i have diploma x and this entitles me to high payed work". No it doesn't. Again, what's wrong taking any job until I find a really good one. Is that elitism or rather the opposite?

    Now how about you, in your words, "f'n get on with your life", and quit trolling.
    Whatever you call trolling. I've said nothing which could be considered trolling.


    I'm indeed a bit sensitive about people complaining about not getting jobs. The primary reason Belgium didn't have a government for over a year was because one party collects votes by creating jobless people, which directly cuts into the pockets of people with a job, all the while these people can't get decent colleagues because it's too easy to be jobless. After politicians tried for more than a decade to fix this, nothing has changed and I basically pay 3 unemployed people in taxes every month, getting the leftovers myself. That sucks. For me as a Belgian, it would be too easy to lay down my job and enjoy life. I don't because I can't stand such attitude.
    Last edited by harniq; 10-07-2012 at 12:46.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    Why do you take that as elitist? I take it as realist.

    I was fully prepared to go work at a factory line if I didn't land another job in time. And if I get fired today, I will stand at the production line tomorrow, sorting whatever needs sorting to get an income. There's plenty of jobs and no excuse to be jobless, except for elitism "i have diploma x and this entitles me to high payed work". No it doesn't. Again, what's wrong taking any job until I find a really good one. Is that elitism or rather the opposite?


    Whatever you call trolling. I've said nothing which could be considered trolling.


    I'm indeed a bit sensitive about people complaining about not getting jobs. The primary reason Belgium didn't have a government for over a year was because one party collects votes by creating jobless people, which directly cuts into the pockets of people with a job, all the while these people can't get decent colleagues because it's too easy to be jobless. After politicians tried for more than a decade to fix this, nothing has changed and I basically pay 3 unemployed people in taxes every month, getting the leftovers myself. That sucks. For me as a Belgian, it would be too easy to lay down my job and enjoy life. I don't because I can't stand such attitude.
    You may be surprised to find that jobs--even factory jobs as you described--are often in short supply. Before I was hired to work in a lab at a university, I interviewed for a job in the maintenance department, where I would have spent my time fixing things around campus and chasing cows/horses back into the barn (it's a veterinary college). As it turned out, I wasn't hired. Despite my insistence that I was more than willing to do the work (having grown up on a farm), I came across as "overqualified"-- the sort who could find better pay elsewhere, and therefore would undoubtedly do so at the first opportunity. It was several more months (and interviews) before I landed my current job, and I've been here for two years now. So while I can see your perspective, it's not always as simple as, "Those folks on welfare? Oh, they just don't feel like working." I searched for a full year before I was hired for $10.10/hour.

    To get back to the original topic:
    Am I illiterate, or does the DirectSong website say "ships within four weeks of order date"? Are they serious, and am I overlooking something really time-consuming here? Will it take Mr. Soule four weeks to sign all of the orders from the first couple of days? I'm not a patient person (despite years of practice at waiting for GW2) and will likely be checking my order status several times a day until I have the CDs in my hand.

  9. #19
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Lady Rhonwyn's Avatar
    Server

    Aurora Glade
    Guild

    GWOnline [GWO]
    Posts

    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyHarmon View Post
    To get back to the original topic:
    Am I illiterate, or does the DirectSong website say "ships within four weeks of order date"? Are they serious, and am I overlooking something really time-consuming here? Will it take Mr. Soule four weeks to sign all of the orders from the first couple of days? I'm not a patient person (despite years of practice at waiting for GW2) and will likely be checking my order status several times a day until I have the CDs in my hand.
    Hmm, I didn't look that far, I simply ordered and I'll see when they'll arrive in the mail... Could be it'll only be released next month..
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Hmm, I didn't look that far, I simply ordered and I'll see when they'll arrive in the mail... Could be it'll only be released next month..
    I assume you mean release of GW2, though four weeks would mean next month, technically.

    If they were waiting for the game to release, I would hope they might just say so. And I hate to remind everyone, but release is still more than four weeks away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •