PC Gaming News

Server/Connection Issues?

I know I'm not the only one experiencing server lag and disconnects lately, particularly with the friends server. Does anyone know why? Is it being addressed?

I actually got a 007 error when I tried to reconnect to the friends server in Embark Beach, despite running around and talking about it to the other players present. "Hey, everybody, I'm disconnected! The server said so." "Shut up, noob."

From what I've heard, it's pretty widespread, and from what I've seen, it's very frequent. Does anyone know what's going on?

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Yesterday, I was losing my connection and would be sent to the character select screen with a sign in box which wouldn't recognize any input. The friend server was doing the same.
    What I have been experiencing is horrible lag, disconnects, and rubber-banding and it all started after the first BWE. All I could think is resources were taken from GW for GW2.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    Yesterday, I was losing my connection and would be sent to the character select screen with a sign in box which wouldn't recognize any input. The friend server was doing the same.
    What I have been experiencing is horrible lag, disconnects, and rubber-banding and it all started after the first BWE. All I could think is resources were taken from GW for GW2.
    The issues I've experienced have all started in the past week. My wife sees them more, since she's online more. Last night, for instance, she was talking to several friends and was kicked back to the login screen. When she logged in, all of the people she was talking to had also been kicked.

I don't know about resource redistribution, but they have said (long before the first BWE, granted) that the servers were separate and they were not going to take any away from GW. But that might have changed, I suppose. I do like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    It started at the Dragon Festival for me. Though, mostly it's the disconnecting friend list.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)