PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    You will be excited, and you will damn well like it. Deal with it.

this was typed on a phone! technology! woo!
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    =O 43 days 4 hours!
    [7 days 16 hours till betaaaaaaaa]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I don't have an Android (I'm an iPhone guy...yet I hate Apple computers, LOL), so no app for me, although, I haven't checked the app store in a while.

The worst thing now that we have a release date is that the closer we get to release, the slower time will feel like it's going.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I doubt there'd be similar apps in the apple store, Apple wouldn't bother accepting such an app because it would only be downloaded for a month, and I doubt that anyone would pay the $100 developing fee just to even try to get one up there, unless they were going to charge $2.

this is why you should avoid all apple products <___< Just imagine the uproar if Microsoft told people what they could and couldn't install on Windows, lol..

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    this is why you should avoid all apple products
    It's personal preference. It's no different that all those Crackberry users. You going to tell them to avoid Crackberries as well?

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    No one uses Blackberries.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    No one uses Blackberries.
    Well they shouldn't, anyway. The blackberry might look like a fashionably black (or dark) variant of the real deal, but it's actually not: When a raspberry is picked, the receptacle remains on the stem, leaving only the tasty drupelets themselves. Not so for the blackberry: it is attached, so that you are basically eating the spine of the flower. Which is disgusting thing to do. DISGUSTING!

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    It's personal preference. It's no different that all those Crackberry users. You going to tell them to avoid Crackberries as well?
    RIM is dead in the water. They're so irrelevant to the mobile market share that I'm surprised someone hasn't bought them out for the patents. Google could incorporate some of their stuff into android and come out with hardware keyboard droids, ffs. But anyway.

Blackberry's app store is a frigging joke regardless. But they're not limited to only putting on the apps which RIM says they can. You can download any app from anywhere and put it on the phone by email or usb transfer, like you can with Android. I know this because I did it to one of my friend's phones so that she could have multicolored notification LEDs. My father also has a company Blackberry, the Bold 9700 or something like that. It's pathetic.

So yes, I would tell them to avoid Blackberries, especially if they don't want an unsupported device from a dead company in a few months. However even if that did happen, at least the third party community would keep them going for a while. Ever since Android 2.3, there is literally no reason for any technologically knowledgeable person to use an iphone or windows phone - and that holds true even more now that we're up to version 4.1.
    Last edited by shawn; 13-07-2012 at 13:31.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    RIM is dead in the water. They're so irrelevant to the mobile market share that I'm surprised someone hasn't bought them out for the patents. Google could incorporate some of their stuff into android and come out with hardware keyboard droids, ffs. But anyway.
    YES! I have a QWERTY Droid; it is starting to die and I am dreading going back to touch-screen only because this is pretty much the only QWERTY 4G Droid around.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    To be honest, the stock KB is amazing in ICS and jb. Swiftkey and swype have made some recent jumps in usability as well, including auto correcting when you miss the spacebar.

this was typed on a phone! technology! woo!