PC Gaming News
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Everything from the beta weekend (July 2012)

This is the dedicated thread to all the news that will be out there concerning the third and final public beta weekend for Guild Wars 2 from the 20th to the 23rdth of July, 2012.

Please post all stuff you want to comment, contribute or things you have noticed changing from last beta and the [Basics] threads here. I will create an Elementalist again (remember we get wiped), so changes should not go unnoticed.

Gorani
    Last edited by Gorani; 17-07-2012 at 21:57.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I took a first glimpse at the skills starting with the Trident and noticed quite a lot of changes in recharge and what they do. I will try to compile a change-log tomorrow.

Change Log
    • Trident - "Ice Globe Detonate" blast radius clarified to 240
    • Trident - "Ice Wall Detonate" now adds 2 second of Chill
    • Trident - "Undercurrent" now adds 2 seconds of Sink
    • Trident - "Tidal Wave" recharge increased to 25
    • Trident - "Lightning Cage" recharge increased to 35; Stun duration clarified at 1 sec
    • Trident - "Rock Spray" has a new Bleed stack distribution, adding more stacks now (at least on paper; could not replicate in-game, might be bugged)
    • Dagger Off Hand - "Cleansing Wave" has the strange 228 range removed; Radius stayed at 240
    • Staff - "Flame Burst" - Radius clarified to 180
    • Staff - "Ice Spike" - now deals 5 stacks of Vulnerability instead of 3
    • Staff - "Geyser" Duration clarified to 2 seconds
    • Staff - "Eruption" Radius clarified to be 240
    • "Glyph of Elemental Harmony" - Protection boon associated with Earth reduced to 3 seconds
    • "Cleansing Fire" radius clarified to be 240
    • "Lightning Flash" damage radius reduced to 120
    • "Glyph of Elemental Power" - Weakness condition associated with Earth increased to 6 sec
    • Trait "Flame Barrier" - Only triggers when attuned to Fire added.
    • Trait "Lava Tomb" - clarified to trigger only every 30 sec.
    • Trait "Aquamancer's Alacrity" - recharge time reduced by 20% now (instead of 15%)
    • Trait "Soothing Wave" - duration of Regeneration increased to 6 seconds
    • Trait "Stop Drop & Roll" - lost the "all conditions" removal and is back to removing Burning & Chill
    • Trait "Arcane Lightning" - changed to "Gain 3% more critical hit for 10 seconds when using an Arcane skill"
    • Trait "Aeromancer's Alacrity" - recharge time reduced by 20% now (instead of 15%)
    • Trait "Tempest Strength" - (Deal 5% more damage while moving) - removed
    • Trait "Tempest Defense" - added (Surround yourself with a Shocking Aura when disabled - e.g. daze, sink etc.) Effect can only trigger every 90 sec. This is the new slot XI/Tier 3 trait. It swapped places with Zephyr's Boon, which is now I/Tier 1
    • Trait "Stone Flesh" - clarified to gain 1 Toughness per level when attuned to Earth
    • Trait "Elemental Shielding" - Clarified to last 3 seconds
    • Trait "Geomancer's Freedom" - changed to "Reduces the duration on incoming Cripple, Immobilized and Chill by 33%"
    • Trait "Geomancer's Alacrity" - recharge time reduced by 20% now (instead of 15%)
    • Trait "Rock's Fortitude" - clarifies the duration of Stability to 2 seconds
    • Trait "Arcane Mystery" - renamed to "Arcane Mastery"
    • Trait "Evasive Arcana" - clarified the spells you create when dodging to Flame Burst, Cleansing Wave, Updraft & Shockwave (can only used in combat, so no infinite Swiftness)

It will take some time to incorporate those into the [Basics] threads, please be patient.
    Last edited by Gorani; 22-07-2012 at 11:45.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I think I have added all the changes I could discover to the previous post. I have not checked out the Conjures, though. Those and some error spotting will be due on Sunday.

I was a bit surprised to see so many changes after the professions was less overhauled between BWE 1 & 2. Over at the official forum, people are discussing several damage nerfs, which I can't comment on, because I do not keep track of damage numbers. Arena.net aslo has not changed the unlock speed over all four attunements yet, so my guess is it will remain at the "slow pace".

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I've taken a look at the Conjures and saw no changes. Deep Freeze still puzzles me, as it seems to Immobilize in the beginning and then Chill the foe for 12 sec. They need to include some better info into the description. I also checked Glyph of Storms. Two out of four elements cause a condition, the other two don't. I've already updated the Skills of Interest thread about this skill.

Official Forums don't have a general topic of complain or discussion right now.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I've taken a look at the official forums to find trends about the Elementalist, as I have not really played one this weekend.

>> Underwater skills and damage output is an issue for some (e.g. the new AI dodges a lot of Magma Orbs)
    >> Conjured weapons are still not that great (I saw no changes when checking them, so I think I agree with that discussion)
    >> People are still wanting a weapon swap ability
    >> Downed skills are still discussed (understandably, if they have not nerfed e.g. the Thief)

Nothing really new since BWE2

I probably won't be able to start working on the overhaul to the [Basics] until Friday. I will post a progress list in the sticky news thread to keep you up to date with the progress.

Gorani