PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    It seems they have updated the guilds so with a bit of in-game coin you can have up to 500 members now. Guilds start at 50 members, but the coin to get to 100 members is fairly low. You do however have to need more member slots before they let you upgrade. From what they said on the last Guildcast the coins work out to less than 1 silver per member to get to 500 members.
    Thanks for the info. The current system for expanding guilds seems to be a good one. Assuming it is the same at launch, I don't think we'll have any problems expanding if and when we need.

I'm not sure what will be done about the plans for an "alliance guild", but as soon as we have anything concrete, I'll post it so people can plan.

This form is great. I was wondering what we would be doing for Guild Signups for GW2.

I really think they should bring alliances back. It added a "larger but intimate" community feel into the extremely large unorganized community. Ah well. Glad to see that guilds can be so large as well. I can only imagine what a 500 member guild would be like.

Krisanna Wilfire / Magi Stormsurge

Hey.
    I'm not sure whether I should join MVOP for GW2 or not.
    It isn't that I don't want to join MVOP, but looking at the sign-up list, there're hardly any EU players, and without the alliances I doubt there'll be many people on at the same times I am...

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    Hey.
    It isn't that I don't want to join MVOP, but looking at the sign-up list, there're hardly any EU players, and without the alliances I doubt there'll be many people on at the same times I am...
    There is certainly going to be a bit of adjustment to be made when it comes to alliance interaction. While I still hope ANet adds in some actual support for them, maybe consider starting on the EU alliance server. (http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...%28Take-Two%29)

You can join multiple guilds, so you can be in MVOP and also see if there are other guilds that fit your schedule.

Talking

Hey.
    You could flip that logic around as well and signup BECAUSE you're in the EU :)

You could signup and encourage any EU people you know/meet to signup as well and, as a result, we could have a whole group active day and night regardless of your NA/EU time zone (be a GW2 MVOP pioneer!).

I tend to stay up VERY late on weekends (or wakeup very early) and, like in WoW, I ended up playing with a lot of EU people for dungeons and such. It made my late nights less boring and I met a whole slew of new people.

Just a thought :D

P.S. Like Tanek said as well, you can join numerous guilds. If no one is on in one guild, switch your representation to another guild that has people logged on. I would. More options are definitely better than less and better yet... no guilt about quitting guilds.

Krisanna Wilfire / Magi Stormsurge
    Last edited by Hadder; 19-08-2012 at 20:21.

I'll have a new post up for this as well so people don't miss it, but the server for MVOP in GW2 will be Stormbluff Isle.

Invites will go out starting...well, starting as soon as we can get into the game and create the guild. :) We will be using the display names from the spreadsheet and will keep an eye out for people as they log on.

Just a handful of days until the headstart!

Singed up on the List. Will have a few Friends over on the Server interested in Joining Guild so let me know when there's space for some new members. Hope to see u all and Fight Beside you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithlius View Post
    Singed up on the List. Will have a few Friends over on the Server interested in Joining Guild so let me know when there's space for some new members. Hope to see u all and Fight Beside you!
    We just expanded the roster cap, so go ahead and have your friends add themselves to the list. We will get the invites out as soon as we can.

erm... I'm greyed out... What, why am I greyed out??

It's because I got the number wrong.

Stupid number.

Now corrected
    Last edited by EnoughAlready; 26-08-2012 at 21:49.

erm... I'm greyed out... What, why am I greyed out??

It's because I got the number wrong.

Stupid number.

Now corrected
    Yep. Sorry for the delay. Invite has gone out now.

If for some reason it does not let you join, hold onto the invite and try again later. It is a known issue and ANet is looking into it. Some people have said it helps to log out and back in, or to change to a different character. No solution seems to work consistently, though.