PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Guild

Midnight Mayhem

Jumping Puzzles - video walkthroughs with hints

The jumping puzzles are one of the best things ANet added to the game. Who thinks otherwise probably haven't tried them yet or really sucks at them.

Just in case i don't edit this very thread all too often, this playlist will be kept up-to-date all the time.

Breached Wall Blitz

* easy one - did it fourth times, never fell down;
    * it does however have some traps - if you stray from the shown path you will end up in places swarming with ghosts;
    * you get the achievement after getting to the spot with the skillpoint.

The Collapsed Observatory

* watch out for immobilise from the oozes!
    * you get the achievement after going down to the troll at the end.

Demongrub Pits

* easy one;
    * there are two more chests besides the final one: to get the first, just follow the suggested route after entering the cave (don't go right, but forward/left); for the second go forward onto the place with two bats and three skelk at the columns part and take a closer look at the back wall;
    * you get the achievement after getting to the middle of the ooze cavern.

Dreamdark Enclave, mushrooms after Morgan's Leap

* I've shown a gate at 1:00 - it can be opened from the inside to let people from the Morgan Waypoint in without going through the tree puzzle;
    * watch out for getting into combat mode and losing too much health - both of those make you move slower, thus jump closer;
    * as of now, there's no achievement or any kind of reward on the top.

Goemm's Lab

* you can ignore all the monsters, including Goemm;
    * if you fall after getting to the Stormy or Chilly parts, you can get back to the respective station by talking to the golem after respawning;
    * watch out for the wind blows - they're in all three parts;
    * watch out for the lightnings - they don't deal too much damage, but they cause you to enter combat mode which makes you move slower and thus jump closer;
    * watch out for the chill condition - don't jump until it wears off.

Grendich Gamble

* I advise against going there alone, unless you're 35+;
    * it's good to kill all the ghosts on the way, makes redoing the puzzle after a fall much easier;
    * you get the achievement after getting to the top, by the veteran;
    * there's a Rich Silver Node at the top, so be sure to take a pickaxe with you.

King Jalis's Refuge

* pretty straightforward; the only problem may be caused by the pipes near the end - I advise to use spacebar to jump horizontally and then navigate forward instead of using forward+jump - in your face, laws of physics!

Loreclaw Expanse

* you can turn the screen shaking off in the game's options;
    * watch our for the spikes and fires! they have a pattern - observe and learn it before jumping;
    * you get the achievement after getting to the hidden cavern with the big chest.

Mistwrought Vault

* I suggest going up first, then down;
    * after getting the upper side of the key, backtrack to the thick root from the beginning of this section and jump onto the tree with leaves which is the beginning of the bottom section - no need to restart the whole puzzle here.

Morgan's Leap

* you can turn the screen shaking off in the game's options;
    * you get the achievement after getting to the chest.

Shamans' Rookery

* very easy one, just watch out for the red circles which will push you back, making you fall;
    * if you do fall, be prepared to fight some skelk off.

Spekks' Laboratory

* take your clothes off before jumping - the lava won't damage them;
    * the platforms don't simply become invisble, they vanish completely;
    * if you're jumping with a buddy and you're second, don't hit a Panel until the first three platforms vanish - if you hit it earlier, the platforms won't 'reset';
    * the fireballs can hit you while jumping and getting hit means falling off;
    * at the horizontal platform to the right, remember to jump left onto a wall ledge;
    * important thing on the whole puzzle, but especially at this part - you can't dawdle, your whole run must be fluent or you won't make it before the platforms vanish;
    * once you're done with jumping and you're at the spot where the video ends, dress up!

In addition, there are dancing golems on the roof with the cannons shooting fireballs at you. Genius!

Hope you'll find it helpful!
    Last edited by drkn; 25-07-2012 at 01:30.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Very useful. I'm sure I'll be back here to check if I ever get stuck on one of the puzzles (only tried Morgan's and Collapsed Observatory).

Also noting that the end of the Morgan's Leap is one of the places where a ranger can charm Juvenile Jungle Spiders.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    This is awesome, thank you! I probably won't use the walkthroughs very much, but I had trouble finding the puzzles themselves, so it's great to have them all in one place!

Achievements:
    6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Guild

Midnight Mayhem
    Thanks for the interest!

I'm also into getting through and eventually frapsing all the puzzles i can find, so feel free to PM me with suggestions.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    There was another puzzle after Morgan's Leap?! Son of a...
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    There was another puzzle after Morgan's Leap?! Son of a...
    My exact thoughts at first. But at least, the game will be available in one month and I'll be able to live with that given that it's still going to be there.
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    this thread should be moved to GW2 General forums
    also i found this vid on the dark room, looks epic... hated watching him mess up on the golem heads when its obvious you use dodge :P

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    this thread should be moved to GW2 General forums
    Good call, thanks Raww. It didn't occur to me until you mentioned it.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    no problem, glad i can help :) its a great thread!