PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

There is a lack of weapon skills, I'm afraid.

Anyone else agree with me? I sort of, did expect more skills to choose from. Currently, elementalists and ninjadeers (engineers) seem to have a good list of skills to pick up from.

And yes, I'm talking about weapon skills.

And yes, I love what I saw in beta, I'm buying the game nevertheless.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Engineers? Aren't they most limited? They have three combinations; rifle, pistol/pistol, pistol/shield.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Cold Steel Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Engineers? Aren't they most limited? They have three combinations; rifle, pistol/pistol, pistol/shield.
    I think he is including all the kits the engineers get that override their weapon skills just like each weapon set for an elementalist actually has 20 skills to draw on.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Meh, never noticed regardless. I guess I'm used to competitive games like Counter-Strike and TF2, where you only get two or three weapons. At least weapons in gw2 are more in depth than just primary and secondary fire.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    makes the warrior one of the most limited tho, they have weapon swap but of all the weapons i tried the only useful ones are the great sword and the longbow.
    the F1 skill is semi-useful but doesn't do that much and they are both 2-handed, powerful but still.....
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline.Net Member
    Also, check out people how many are viewing Elementalist section of the forum. Then Thief and then Necromancer are most popular ones...

Makes me fear a bit on what this game will turn out to be.

And yes, I included Engineers and their utility kits. Sort of should have mentioned specifically that.

But elementalists can even offer kits to other people, which sort of makes them even more awesome.

I think ArenaNet should have seen this coming. It's pretty obvious, when you pack a class with WAY more skills than most of the other ones, people will be more interested in it.

I can't even imagine how boring warriors might be.

And also, not too afraid of what's useful and what's not useful, they're subjects to change even after the game goes live. I'm more about what's interesting and what's not interesting.

I, don't, want to see battlegrounds full of elementalists.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Warriors shouldn't be any more boring than guardians. They have six skills if you include their adrenal skill, and have the absolute widest arsenal of weapons available to them, along with a trait which reduces weapon swap cooldown. They're actually rather badass.

also - ele forum is the most popular because gorani is obsessed with eles and actually posts content in his forum fairly often.

GWOnline.Net Member
    You have a point. Just checked out. But you can't be sure whenever he posts so much content because people are actually looking there a lot or people are looking there a lot because he posts so much content.

GW1 skills are viewed through rosed colored glasses by most people. There were literally millions of different skill combos, but there were like, 3 or 5 different ele builds, and half of every build consisted of utility skills like attunements.

GW2 gives you more viable builds, but less illusion of choice.

Granted there is a downside: that eventually GW1 got to the point where a lot of us liked to make absurd builds work. Hopefully GW2 has something ELSE that will keep us interested long after we were "supposed" to be done with the game.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Voiru View Post
    You have a point. Just checked out. But you can't be sure whenever he posts so much content because people are actually looking there a lot or people are looking there a lot because he posts so much content.
    Yeah I generally sit around in empty forums just waiting for content to be posted, because when I'm interested in something I never actually say anything about it. Pretty sure people go there because there's crap to look at, and they'll go plenty of other places after release since I assume we'll all be posting more crap once we no longer feel that we have to play non-stop just to get the most out of the weekends the game is available.

Relax. Elementalists will be popular, no doubt, as it seems like one of those classes that's easy to pick up but difficult to master - it grows with people. But the same can be said for the other classes, and Fluff's right - a lot of us ignored the vast majority of skill variety in GW because plenty were plainly inferior. I'd much rather have a smaller, more interesting skillset than a bunch of skills I'll never use.