Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Raye talks about Elementalists - Beta blog post

Second part to my 8-part project, the ele! Hope you guys enjoy =)

http://blog.littleghostseventysix.co...ld-wars-2.html

Well I appreciate the effort, but I was hoping for more than "I didn't play the class."

I didn't play it either and I got to a higher level than you. I guess if it's part of a series for people totally new to GW then it makes sense.

I'm still pretty undecided about the ele. The vast number of skills intrigues me, but I'm hoping to find some interesting game play, like really skillful, in your face dangerous stuff.

Edit: as far as dorky MMO games can be dangerous.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Well I got my guardian to level 20, my mesmer to level 21 and then another guardian up to level 15 in the 3rd bwe. Eles were not a priority while I was playing. There was only so much you could do in the beta event without running out of time.

I'm not sure I mentioned on the ele post, but I also purposely kept myself in the dark regarding all classes, mechanics and skills in gw2 up until the beta, just so that I could discover them as I discover the game. The entries are very much an intro to GW2, and not supposed to be much more than that; it's for folks who maybe didn't get to play the beta much [or didn't get to play at all] and at the same time I didn't want to overwhelm people with information. [not to mention spoiling things for myself]

I'm mostly on the fence re: the ele too. I really want to like it, but I have trouble getting over the idea i have from them from gw1. I know Gorani will probably have some input as to what's the most fun weapon+attun combo out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    Boop
    No I get it, I didn't want to spoil things for myself too and I have the same preconceptions.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think the in-your-face dangerous elementalists will be the ones switching elements frequently, pulling off cross-element combos. Like snare in water, KD in earth, and drop a few more damage-heavy attacks in lightning and fire.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Probably. Did you guys see that ele in the dev video that specifically showed how skilled play beat random play, that kicked the devs' *****? From the commentary he was one of the better or best PvP devs around.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I don't think I did... linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I don't think I did... linky?
    Uggggh so demanding! I looked through my comment history and it expired before that dev post.

It started out a thief (definitively) and I thiiiink a mesmer dev showing how classes worked together in the troll cave. The second half of the video was dev PvP which was ****ing amazing. Some crazy good ele was dominating.

Someone has got to remember that post, I just can't find it.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 28-07-2012 at 06:43.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    What worries me is that the ele has 20 weapon skills (per weapon) to keep track of, which means that it'll be hard to pull off using the right skills in the right situation. More likely, I will be swapping to the wrong element, trigger an AoE in the wrong place, and trip in my own ice field and fall on my face. On earth spikes. That are burning.

Some pulling that off though I think could be really powerful. I want to see that video too.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Stop pressuring mee!!!!!! lol