PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Guys, let them get the game out first!
    I think the point wasn't that they should have done this before getting the game out, but rather it was a very cool feature and we'd like more info, even if it was just to say it would come out after the game launches.

My work pc is too slow to run GW2 now (I think an SSD drive and reinstall might change that, but those aren't going to happen soon). So I'd love a way to keep up with guild chat while I'm at work. Especially since my hours are so different from many in the rest of my guild.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    They probably haven't said anything about it in a while because they're doing the exact same thing they're doing with the game. They shut up about it until it's more or less working in a way they're happy about.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    one of the reasons why i started thinking of a smartphone is this app.....
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    I was hoping to hear about this too; it'd be nice to interact with the game a bit when bored at work/on the train/in a plane/in a box/with a fox/etc.
    Thank you for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    They probably haven't said anything about it in a while because they're doing the exact same thing they're doing with the game. They shut up about it until it's more or less working in a way they're happy about.
    I think this is most likely to be the case.

I also noticed yesterday that they have a job opening for a mobile development position. I suspect it may be related to this project.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHarmon View Post
    ...they have a job opening for a mobile development position. I suspect it may be related to this project...
    It may be to develop mounts or they ran out of desk space in the office, so want someone to work out of their car.
    JK ;-)

I would be very sad if this feature never gets to see daylight. I hate to say it but making this app on a smartphone and charging at least a small amount for it up front would be a great move imo. Keeps with the idea of the gemstore, spend if you want the extra stuff but would not give a gameplay advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    It may be to develop mounts or they ran out of desk space in the office, so want someone to work out of their car.
    JK ;-)
    Hmm, you may have a point. "Mobile developer"...

You don't think they might consider a Queensdale trailer park, do you?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do not wanna pay to have non-gaming hours sucked out of my life.

Extended experience should be an advertising stunt, not something they would charge for.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Sometimes I think you're a bit stingy, Alaris; if they offer a decent app, I'm not above paying a buck or two for it, especially if it lets me do cool things like check auctions, chat with guildies, function as an authenticator, and maybe look at WvW stats.

Now, if it doesn't do any of those cool things, all bets are off and I'll be glad to be as cheap as you, but ponying up (zebraing up?) for mobile functionality shouldn't be that big of a deal.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    There's a difference between stingy and smart shopping. I did buy char slots and costumes from ANet. The slots allowed me to play the game a lot more. The costumes are just cool and make me happy. They're smart investments in that it would have been hard to get the amount of entertainment from other sources.

Steam sales are awesome too, and I try not to buy more than I can chew.

The thing about the app though is that I do think it would work better as advertising than as a separate purchase. Also, I probably wouldn't buy it. Last thing I need is to play GW2 when I am not playing GW2.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about