PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GH's suggestion

GH's suggestion

sigils not buyable anymore, and this may be in the future, as pvp already died a long time ago, and people leaving GW in big groups

now i made a post on guru, but the "i want it to be much harder, and so it should be for everyone" came up, so i thought: lets try here, lol

i think there should be another ay to get em, like 8 silver or 1 gold z coin (it is just a GH after all, which doesnt mean much anymore, and may mean nothing in the future anymore)

heck, 1 silver z coin would do, as they were cheap for a very long time

i was gonna think about buying a new GH for my own use, and wanted to check the price (was like 7-17k or something last time)
    and 1 silver - 1 gold z coin seems fair, as its also easy, just like sigils were before, and that makes it nice and gives alot of freedom, especially since the almost dead (by majority of the players in GW, who play pve mostly, as i've heard/seen)

i know its not much of a challenge, but i saw it so cheap i could buy as many as i'd like to (i dont farm, and dont have many ways to get good money in GW), so making it 100 gold z coins as someone said on guru (sry, its a bad example) would be very bad toward the players who are left

well, i thought it'd be nice to sometimes change GH's, and since sigils are out of stock lately AND the fact that the community is so small PLUS the fact that most who still are there, dont do pvp much or at all, i think a cheap way to get GH's (sigils) would be nice in case pvp really dies enough so that sigils are playerbased.... meaning they ask insanely high prices (armbraces anyone?) and then people who want a GH wont buy it, and may quit so soon, that they wont even bother looking at GW2 (same company, so people think it'll be just as bad... not many people look before they complain)

*hiding for elitism posts like i saw on guru, in case....*

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Now, unless you are saying this should be an additional way to obtain them, that's fine. This is the assumption I am going by. As long as it's simply an additional way, and not replacing the other ways of getting them, then this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I don't get it. Are you saying 7k is a lot? :/
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I don't get it. Are you saying 7k is a lot? :/

where are you finding them for 7k? the trader is sold out and the few people selling them are starting bids at 20e.

I would hope they would start to offer additional ways to obtain these as the population of gw decreases--there just arent as many peeps pvping as there were back when I got my guild hall (2k for the sig back then), and the few who are seem to know that the trader is sold out so they are keeping theirs to sell at stupid prices.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I got 7k from right here in his post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhmii Shanbwa View Post
    i was gonna think about buying a new GH for my own use, and wanted to check the price (was like 7-17k or something last time)
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    best way would be trough elite areas like the deep or urgoz, it's best to keep it away from popular elite places because that would only increase the farm urge.
    Z-coins can always be an alternative, something like a choice between a guaranteed chest reward in the unpopular elite places (like the two in factions) or a cost trough Z-coins that takes a bit more time but you don't have to rush.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I agree that ANet could implement another way of getting sigils, are more and more people will leave. But I don't think they should really cheapen it, by making it too easy. You always had something to do for it and that should stay. Simply make it 15 gold coins (the same as the panda license).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

i found them for 7k-17k BEFORE it was sold out

GH's shouldnt be important for GW anymore, as most people i've seen sometimes do pvp, and mostly do pve, and GH's are for pvp (due to no pve effect, for example)

my point is: dont make it too expensive now, cuz the little bit of people playing GW after GW2 will get bored of farming and such, and then GH's arent that important nowadays (maybe for a few guilds, but thats not many anymore... especially if talking about %)

panda license is something special, GH's arent, they just are a gathering place like embark, and most people go there anyways, so let the few people who use GH's for gathering, at least have a normal chance (i said normal, not farm-your-butt-off-way) to get a simple GH

and yes, its an additional way, otherwise HA (right?) may completely die, together with all other pvp stuff (i guess all pvp stuff keep each other alive, as much as it is)

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I got 7k from right here in his post:
    Shawn, they're 20e - 25e now, and can only be bought from people. The Sigil trader is only offering a couple of K for them, so yeah, inflated prices. Woo.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    That's bananas. O_o but also are they in high demand or something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.