PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    At first, I couldn't even log in. And then I decided to create a new character (as I wanted to try Thief). So, I created a new sylvari (didn't really care how she looked), and when the intro started, I pressed "skip" (I'll watch those when the game releases). And had a nice black screen with a blinking "skip" button. Waited for about 5 minutes, closed the client and started it again. I noticed the character had been made and was waiting for me in that starting dream. So, I selected her, and.... nothing. I couldn't do anything but close the client again.

Finally, after about 30 minutes I managed to get in....

Beside those starting problems, the only thing that didn't work was the Black Lion's Trading House. I couldn't sell, I couldn't buy, the gemshop was non-existent. Even after the upgrade, it still didn't work.

I only had one goal this stress test, I wanted to get a daily reward! After I had that, I collapsed and went to bed (or rather, the other way around, but barely!)

But these 2 hours impressed upon me that I simply want to play the game and explore that map!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I played with character creation for a change. It brought up more questions than answers unfortunately.

Sylvari skin tones, I struggled with. I also need to consider not making a dark sylvari because I had a hard time making one where you could see the details... unless I give up the details entirely.

Asura was easier to make, but I am debating between cute (feels creepy) or evil (which I like) or just creepy (which tends to look like toads).

Charr is by far the only race where I find it really easy to make ones that I like. Black and white stripes. Green eyes. Straight hair going up (a few choices are nice). Horns, again, I like a few choices. I just wish I could make a longer nose to make it more zebra-ish.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    yeah the sylvari skin colors can get real dark, i tend to stick with the light green so that way the details can be seen. i chose red for the detail colors and glow and eyes and let me tell you! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

i actually ended up going back and remaking one because i didnt know about the glow the first time around, made him more beefed up which looks way cooler on these dudes and changed up the skin pattern to something else