Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)

Charrs and necromancers are the least popular right now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dGJhRFBRLXc6MQ

Not too surprised about the charr. Kind of surprised about the Norns b/c I thought a lot of guys will like huge boobies.

Professions are actually very even across the board. Necromancers and Mesmers are not as popular, but that's kind of expected.

I was going to start with an Asura Engineer. But I am temped to play a Norm necromancer first to boost their numbers.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The numbers have been collected where?

If you take the percentile numbers the professions are quite evenly distributed for 8 professions - not a big surprise to me.
    I am a bit surprised that humans are still that strong.
    The numbers there are very close to the "what race for your Elementalist poll" : http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...do=showresults
    Last edited by Gorani; 03-08-2012 at 18:55.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    The numbers have been collected where?
    Reddit I believe. I know they have some polls ongoing, could be a different one though.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My charr necro is pleased. Playing something unusual is a perk.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I briefly played a Norn in the BWE3. I didn't really see the point. It felt like I was playing a human from a different culture. Sure they're very large, but they still look nearly identical to humans.

Also, to answer the question in the poll, warrior is going to be my "main." However I'm also planning on a necromancer right alongside the warrior, so just saying warrior is a bit deceptive. If I had to choose one for a poll, though, warrior would have to be what I'd go with.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    I briefly played a Norn in the BWE3. I didn't really see the point. It felt like I was playing a human from a different culture. Sure they're very large, but they still look nearly identical to humans.
    You're confusing me. You described exactly what Norn are, as though it's a detriment. They look half-giants, and have a very different culture than humans. Why wouldn't someone interested in that want to play them?

"Charr look like cats and have a different culture than humans, I can't see the point."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    You're confusing me. You described exactly what Norn are, as though it's a detriment. They look half-giants, and have a very different culture than humans. Why wouldn't someone interested in that want to play them?
    If someone's interested in that, great. More power to them. I'm not. Sorry.

Thing is, I could easily see humans with almost the exact same culture that Norns have. And considering that they look nearly identical to humans... except bigger... why not just play a human?

Their appearance is so close to a human, and their culture could easily be human -- that's not enough to interest me in playing the race.

"Charr look like cats and have a different culture than humans, I can't see the point."
    If you took a race like the Charr and gave them the exact same culture as the human race, I'd scratch my head at that as well.

But their culture and physique is different enough that it's interesting. Same with the Asura and Sylvari.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Thing is, I could easily see humans with almost the exact same culture that Norns have. And considering that they look nearly identical to humans... except bigger... why not just play a human?
    Because that isn't a choice for humans. I'm not at all offended that you aren't interested in Norn, I didn't create them. I am confused that you don't understand Norn are pretty different than what is offered from humans.

What I think you're saying is you would have made Norn differently, but that doesn't really apply to why people find them appealing.

Playing the personal story of a Norn might help you*; it made me fall in love with them after not caring about them.

* Edit help is the wrong word, since you don't need assistance, but you get the idea.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I haven't played human areas much, but seems to me that norn differ from humans in culture, and that is what makes them interesting. They are closer to nature, and more about hunting and personal prowess.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    i made a human for my first betas and was going to make human my main race for my thief, played up to lvl 25 and really enjoyed the areas... you can feel a connection to them for sure.
    since bwe3 ive gone sylvari because they are so badass looking in thief gear and that glow! omg!!! i hoping i feel a connection of some sort for the sylvari starting areas, i didnt go into them because i didnt want to spoil them like i did the human areas
    i for one am not into the charrs at all, they are ok i guess but when you throw gear on them all a sudden it looks ****ed up lol like around their neck area gets huge like it did for taurens in WoW, that was a real turn off for me i thiink they need to work on scaling the gear better on charrs. also the mega hunched overness was horrible x.x

i would like to see a male norn thats not fat and more stocky and built and really tall
    Last edited by Raww; 03-08-2012 at 19:50.