PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Server

Sea of Sorrow's

Best steam game for under $20?

looking for a game to hold me over til GW2 is out, looking for something online but if the game is really good single player ill consider it. have $10 credit on steam so looking to spend it :P
    everytime i go onto swtor i get mega bored, tried out lotro and couldnt get into it lol eq2 wasnt working for me kept saying it was unavailable

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I really enjoyed Orcs Must Die 1 & 2 (still enjoying the sequel). It's a good mix of tower defence and action. It's relatively short, but if you try to get five skulls on every level, it can keep you entertained for quite a while. OMD1 is single-player only, OMD2 is single-player or 2 player online coop.

It's hard to recommend anything else without knowing your taste more.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    i enjoy adventurous games, fps depending on the story mode. games like uncharted i like a lot.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Did you look at Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 3? Both games I really liked, they are more like open-ended with missions. I have yet to finish Just Cause 2 (or 1 for that matter) because it gets a bit repetitive at some point, but it's great for that will keep you busy until GW2.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Thread title says 20$, OP 10$, so what is the budget?

GOTY edition of Dead Island is available by now and I'd recommend that if you like FPS-ish with a bit of adventuring. Dead Island isn't your typical zombie FPS, but is rather focused on melee combat and therefore requires quite some thinking beyond the standard survival horror games. Even though the game is separated by chapters, generally the world is quite open for exploration and with lots of side-quests.

Story mode including the DLC's should keep you busy for some time.

Orcs Must Die 2, Torchlight 2 (but that might not come out before GW2...)

World of tanks is fun too and F2P, but kind of niche, I think they advertise it as MMO which it's not.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

MVOP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    Orcs Must Die 2, Torchlight 2 (but that might not come out before GW2...)

World of tanks is fun too and F2P, but kind of niche, I think they advertise it as MMO which it's not.
    Steam is still running the Torchlight deal, just to make a note. (Pre)Purchase Torchlight 2 right now, and you get Torchlight 1 free.

But for anything under 10 bucks? A little lost on what to suggest that would fit into that range. Though Awesomenauts was recently released onto Steam, and I thought the game was darn great fun on the ps3 (its online to boot too).

I assume you already have the Orange Box? I just mention it because I was late to the party and have been playing a **** ton of TF2 lately.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Seconding JC2. I basically stole it because I got it on Steam sale and I've put more time in that game than anything I've played outside of a MMO probably ever.

to progress in the game, you have to destroy stuff and subvert the goverment. Can't beat that.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Oh, is that how you beat it?
    Wait - there's a storyline?!

I've just been driving around blowing stuff up.. (okay not really, I have done several missions and visited the sloth guy.)
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]