PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Well you don't haaaave to pick just 2, you could pick 2 for pve and 2 for pvp or something. I don't know, I'm just trying to get a sense of what people are finding most useful/exploding/fun/not-fun/etc.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Yeah I probably imposed the limit too strictly on myself, but those are the two sets I'm most comfortable with, with hammer being about equal to greatsword (which still feels too strong to me, but I'll get used to it).

Based on the article I'll have to give focus another shot, as apparently I was using it wrong.

Guardian is still unique for me in that I don't see any weapons that are bad bad, now that I've learned that I was using focus incorrectly. Hopefully I'll learn the same about the other classes as I play them more.

Sent from my ultra-trendy iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

During the beta I personally enjoyed scepter and torch the most, with great-sword as my alternate weapon. I played around with the other weapons, but those combinations really went with my vision of a battle-cleric.

I'll focus on early unlocks and reevaluate everything.

As it was though Great Sword and Wand/Shield would be my go to for WvW.

For some reason I'm always WAAAY underlevel for whatever I'm doing. I did full "vanquishes" of every zone I've set foot in: (except a few easy hearts and POIs in the level 50 zones) the city, Queensdale, Kessex, Gunderrin or however you spell it, Lornar's Pass, and now I'm a quarter of the way through Harathi Hinterlands. And I'm STILL only level 36. Despite a full clear of a level 40 zone.

Anyway, I'm in the greatsword almost 100% of the time because of skill's four and five. The interrupts are super important when things are 10 levels higher than me.

Big fan of that thing.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ok, so, I know I said that I'd play all weapons...

but OMG GERTSERD IS ERSERM

I have a really hard time playing any other weapon than greatsword + scepter / whatever. And I mean whatever because I don't normally use skills 4-5 on scepter + whatever. Greatsword skills 1-4 get used a lot, and 5 sometimes I use to pull... despite the snare.

Staff is a weapon that does not know what it wants to be. Is it range? AoE melee? Support? It's good, but I have a hard time finding ways to use it consistently well.

Sword, mace, hammer, I need to give those a try more often. Sword + something could work instead of greatsword. Mace / hammer could be a good alternative to the high dps / high death rate of greatsword.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Staff+ greatsword is good fun - pull with orb of light, empower as they run to you, then weapon swap and bash the living daylights out of them with the greatsword under what...twelve stacks of might?
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Interesting...

I am looking forward to the trait that heals me when I use the greatsword though. Sounds fun
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I've been using 2-h hammer + greatsword. They actually combo really well together. Playing with the skill that knocksback and then 5th on the greatsword was great fun. Also I have the greatsword rotation downnnn. I've been able to take things 4+ levels higher than me consistently. Wooooo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Greatswords is pretty awesome against big groups. Rather than high-level chars, I like to take out groups of foes. Even the autoattack damages multiple opponents if they are in front of you. Blind is nice too even if you are already in melee range, as a way to avoid getting damaged. Now that I am learning to move around too, it's great against larger mobs of my level.

I sometimes use the scepter to pull a few foes, trigger the AoE pummel, and then kill them all at the same time with greatsword.
    == Alaris & clone ==