PC Gaming News

Poll: Race of your Warrior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I will only make a warrior if there are extra character slots in the gem store at game launch. If there are it will defintely be a male charr.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    I solve that by simply assuming that my asura isn't related to my original warrior at all. However there's a distinct possibility that she robbed her grave for uh... Research. I mean she might be a genius and all that but it doesn't help to pick up some inspiration (and loot) from the great heroes of the past.
    I'm just assuming my norn did something that made him worthy of my GW1 character's name. That always works. Somehow. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointless View Post
    I'm just assuming my norn did something that made him worthy of my GW1 character's name. That always works. Somehow. Right?
    Your Norn's grandfather ATE YOUR CHARACTER'S HEART, thus gaining his skills, name, money, expereiences and all that stuff. It's a perfectly sensible explanation.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I think having your character's parents be inspired by the historical hero and naming their child after that hero... perfectly reasonable name origin. And then of course your character wants to live up to their namesake.

Looting graves for inspiration and gear? That could work. Maybe running from the law/the mob/your ex and needed a new identity, then inspired to be heroic by the deeds of the person's grave.

Or something. Do what you like, it's all good with me (even if it's just "I don't care about their origins, just want to use the same name").

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    ...I meant to type "it doesn't hurt to pick up some inspiration." not "help". But yeah. There are many ways to assume the legacy and/or name of a hero from the past.

I mean there's a good reason that the most popular male name in the world is Mohammad.

And Jesus is not far behind in spanish speaking cultures. Hell, I lived in Greece for some years and every other male has Christo in his name somehow. And/or Nicholas/John (Nikolas/Ioannis).

Ok, so those are religion based names, but I bet that there are people named straight after generals from the US civil war alive today.

And that's just borrowing from our own history and present.

In a world like Tyria who is to say what the naming conventions might be? Why not name your son or daughter after the person that repeatedly saved the world, killed a god and stopped the destroyers. (Temporarily at least.)

And pretty much every race and culture has a debt of gratitude to our old characters if those characters completed every chapter and EoTN.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Human, no question. Descendant of my human warrior in GW1, so no other race would work quite as well. ("Hi I'm an Asura that's somehow related to a human from 250 years ago" doesn't really work for me)
    Some sort of weird evolutionary process?

My first sincere attempt with a warrior was during the BWE's and was Human. I liked Human and would do it again.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Human will be my option, descending from my GW1 guy, etc etc.

a giant norn doing a leap attack against tiny enemies is a win....

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    a giant norn doing a leap attack against tiny enemies is a win....
    Wait until you've seen the opposite. A tiny asura barely above human knee height flying in to destroy everything with a few swings is awesome...

Sylvari, a plant with a sword is the one!