PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

August 28th: The Bittersweet Day

So I logged in tonight, checking up on my characters and their respective ages. I had a realization - the launch of Guild Wars 2 is bittersweet. For me, it means Guild Wars 1 is over. The era of a game that I spent 2000+ hours in is over. While I am happy about Guild Wars 2, there are things I wish I would have done in the first game. So my question is: are there any things you wish you would have done?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I feel like I did everything I personally set out to do. I learned to play every class competently, I pvp'd, I learned a class inside and out, I got my GWAMM, I got to 50 in my HoM, I got every armor set for my dervish, XM'd, did all the elite areas. The only thing I wish I had done (that I never got a chance to because the game died out before I could) was HA.

All in all, I'm happy with all the stuff I did in GW1. I feel like I played almost every corner of the game, and I'm happy to close the GW1 chapter to learn something new.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-08-2012 at 08:11.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    As Raye, I did everything I wanted and then some. I didn't get one GWAMM, I'm at 3 and the fourth is on her way. I don't have one HoM 50/50, but the second will be 50/50 when my fourth GWAMM has been made. PvP I never cared about at all, so I only dabbled in there during a blue moon.

And even though I don't play GW1 as much as I used to, I think I'll go back once in a while, just to say hi to the girls that have been my companion for so long. There are still things I want to accomplish in GW1, as I would love that third HoM at 50/50 as well
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

I would have liked to have killed Dhuum at least once, but I just haven't been on enough since he was added or was working on other things in game.

I would have liked to have gotten into PVP more, but never could put enough time into it.

Other than the above and doing the elite areas more, I felt I did everything in the game I wanted to do. 50/50 and GWAMM on two accounts also burned me out a bit.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on after GW2 launches. I will miss my glowy hands, so will get on now and then to watch my monk dance now and then at least. Will also have to think about what to do about Guild leadership for the two guilds I currently lead.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Getting GWAMM and 50/50 HoM sort of gave me that feeling of completion, though I always loved to come back for stuff like WoC or TQ HM.

IF GW2 manages to keep my attention, I somewhat doubt that I'll still go back to GW1, maybe for a zquest here and there.

I still haven't done The Deep with heroes though, that's something I always wanted to do... so you never know

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i really don't know why all the doom threads, it looks like ppl are affected by guru's overreactions.

the game will live on, plenty of players don't even buy GW2 and they play GW1 almost every day.
    i find it really hard to believe GW1 dies any time soon, it's not as lively as 3 years ago but it is still lively enough.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I must be one of the few that's glad to see it go. It feels like they're finally euthanized the blind old dog who just laid around the house in agony, and to help us forget they brought us an energetic new puppy that wants to go outside and play fetch.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i really don't know why all the doom threads, it looks like ppl are affected by guru's overreactions.

the game will live on, plenty of players don't even buy GW2 and they play GW1 almost every day.
    i find it really hard to believe GW1 dies any time soon, it's not as lively as 3 years ago but it is still lively enough.
    I wouldn't call this a doom thread. More a sad goodbye to a game people don't expect to play (a lot) anymore after spending a lot of time in it. You should re-read the OP...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Yeah, I finished GW1 ages ago. I never got to 50/50 (no desire), but I have had 30/50 since shortly after the calculator was released.

I beat most of the elite areas, I've GvGed, got to the HoH, earned a Torment weapon, beat every campaign (multiple times except EotN), got hacked, earned my stuff back, made a Legendary Survivor, and a ton more.

The game was a lot of fun, but it is past time for something new.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I spent a lot of time in GW1, loved it, but I just played it more than enough.

I played some other games meanwhile, and looking forward to GW2 if I can just decide what my character lineup will be! I keep changing my mind.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about