PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cosyfiep View Post
    the 28th? I will get a bday gift for my first character...a week later I will get one for my next...etc....I see nothing 'happening' on that day except lots LESS people spamming in kamadan, kids talking about stuff they have no ideas about....will be nice and quiet (I hope)...

I will still be playing guildwars, the sequel holds nothing for me as they completely took everything I enjoyed from guildwars and tossed it out the door----
    so I will have no feelings whatsoever about it other than I will have 15 birthdays coming up.
    Oh god, they'll finally get off your lawn!

GW had a good run for me, but I'm definitely done. I've done pretty much everything at least once, 50/50'd, GWAMM'd once (as god as my witness, I will NEVER vanquish again). Looking forward to enjoying new and better gameplay on GW2 too much to do much mourning.

Well, I've done pretty much everything I wanted to, even more than I ever thought I would. Really though, the game kinda died along with its community sometime around 08/09 imo. Maybe I'll pop back on a few days before GW2.

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I never completed UW or DoA... Kind of sad huh? I could get into a team that could hold HoH over and over, but I never finished PvE Underworld.

UW always seemed to bring bad luck, as every time I tried to go and do it, something silly happened. People would disconnect out, or someone would be so assaulted by lag they couldn't do their job, or just general badness would occur. DoA I simply... never finished. I could go and take a party of heroes and finish it but, I have no interest in doing the areas with just AI, seems no fun to me.

So really, that's my only regret. I finished all the other areas though - I repeated Deep a whole bunch. I got to GvG and HA and TA, I even played Codex twice before I raged. I spent entirely too much time in Costume Brawl - in fact, I may even come back for CB come Halloween as it was my absolute favourite pvp mode.

I got GWAMM and 50/50 (with thanks to those who helped me out along the way), and 4 pairs of laser gloves and too much armour to count. I cannot ask for more. GW certainly entertained me for a good while, and I made some really good friends along the way.

I will miss it, but in the way we all miss what has been and gone. GW2 is just the next step in this epic journey.

Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    UW is tough; I've beat all but 1-2 quests multiple times, but I've only ever completed it once. It's annoying because if you mess up, there went four hours.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Best to head straight for the 4 horsemen, as these will likely be the highest chance of failure.

But I have to agree, only done UW once for the statue and will never again, simply too much chance to get kicked out over stupid quest NPC's

Being sad about a game that I can start up at any time I want? Yeah no.

However my prediction that ANet will say "oh look, no one is playing GW1 so we'll close the servers now" rather soon after GW2's release still stands, and that day will make me a little sad.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Best to head straight for the 4 horsemen, as these will likely be the highest chance of failure.

But I have to agree, only done UW once for the statue and will never again, simply too much chance to get kicked out over stupid quest NPC's
    I finished it twice. Once before Dhuum (on Rhonwyn) and once after Dhuum (on Aer). So I got the statue on two accounts. Can't count the times I tried and failed though...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I have yet to kill Dhumm. I did UW before he was added.

That's pretty much the only thing in GW1 that I have not done.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I have completed the UW a few times....a few times before they did the end chest and once after the skeletons (and dhummmmm) were added....havent completed doa yet ---waiting for hubby to get some free time so we can do the last parts of that .....still have yet to get my ughly fow armor either....so still stuff for me to do (and have yet to play much on melee toons--sin and dervish---so still LOTS and LOTS to do!)...and yes I will still play after aug 28th

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post

had this my self in fissure, i finally took the time to explore FoW until i found a place with spirits.
    i only saw enemy spirits so i killed all of them and failed for some reason, when looking on wiki i found out i had to ignore the one standing still.
    that's just plain wrong, an objective that is clearly a part of a quest is already there while i never really accepted the quest and they even make it an enemy.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054