PC Gaming News
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    CTD'd once, rest was pretty smooth. Hopefully they got enough info to ensure a relatively smooth opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Oh and BTW

I could not figure out how Precision and trait points really affect the critical hit chance. Assuming linear progression, I calculated 1% gain in chance for every 20 points in Precision. On the other hand adding two points to Air magic, which should increase Precision by 20 and the chance by 2% added just 1% to the chance displayed in the Hero menu.
    You are correct that it is linear 20 points in Precision for 1% crit (or close to, some tests say 100 Precision gives 4.67% crit) . 2 points in Air Magic adds 20 Precision which gives you 1% crit chance and 2 points in Prowess which gives 2% critical damage increase. So i think you mixed up the two, Air Magic gives Precision and Prowess - crit chance and crit damage respectively.
    Last edited by Inko; 10-08-2012 at 01:35.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ora View Post
    I didn't have probs with that in BWE3, but today i had a lot of gfx/camera glitches again. Not so nice, if in the middle of a jumping puzzle the entire screen shows blue + interface only. I did the same thing in BWE3 w/o any problem.
    Yeah, saw lots of graphical glitches as well. Including invisible ramps in one of the Asura labs. Made navigation around there really... interesting.

This stress test was quite a bit more stressful than the last. My rig(s) both went about every 1-15 minutes, so hopefully I contributed my share of error logs and it will run at launch .

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I submitted one bug, the trading post still wasn't working for me. Or rather, it stopped working....

After I managed to log in, I only had one sudden disconnect. This saved me some copper as I was dead and wanted to go to a waypoint. When I returned, there were some nice players around me who ressed me :D
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Inko View Post
    You are correct that it is linear 20 points in Precision for 1% crit (or close to, some tests say 100 Precision gives 4.67% crit) . 2 points in Air Magic adds 20 Precision which gives you 1% crit chance and 2 points in Prowess which gives 2% critical damage increase. So i think you mixed up the two, Air Magic gives Precision and Prowess - crit chance and crit damage respectively.
    Oh, yes of course. Silly me, but I was pretty tired around that time too.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

My too tired self replied to wrong thread. Ignore me.
    Last edited by Sonoma; 11-08-2012 at 02:33.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast

Stress test on August 12

(source)

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
    Please note:
    * The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
    * Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Shame it's just 1hr, but yay! more time in the character creator!

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Yeah, that's where I expect to spend most of my time too. Assuming there are no login issues like Thursday's test.