PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE

Blizzard got hacked

Normally I'd just place this in the One Stop Shop for gaming news but there may very well be people here who play both ArenaNet and Blizzard games and so this may be of vital importance to you.

The article on the hacking.

Seems email address, secret questions and 'some' personal details have been accessed for all players outside of China. Passwords were stolen however it supposedly 'encrypted' and not likely to be deciphered (It will be, like the Yahoo! addresses of June hack) so whilst Blizzard are pushing for players to alter their login details and cover their ***** I'd advise anyone here who uses the same email address and/or (shock horror) the same password with their guild wars accounts to quickly change them*

I'm not sure on how easy it will be changing passwords for Guild Wars with the accounts linked and all, but I'd recommend looking into it if you have ever played a Blizzard game.

-Art

*NCSoft accounts emails/passwords getting changed? - lol, you're screwed there

The timing of this is almost comical; I've started getting emails about my nonexistent WoW account being compromised again. If I had one, it actually would be.
    Last edited by Feannag; 10-08-2012 at 17:58.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    It's probably a good thing my Battle.Net account's tied to an authenticator serial that refuses to restore at the moment.

[EDIT] Time to worry, Feannag, is when someone actually does create an account with your email address. That's the only reason I have one in the first place.
    Last edited by The Pointless; 10-08-2012 at 18:07.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    authenticator FTFW
    also wondering if this really puts any other game account at risk.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, considering people use the same password and login info across games, probably.

Thankfully, I use a separate account and password for GW, so no worries there.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    My D3 account had a different password, thankfully.

At least I think.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    The timing of this is almost comical; I've started getting emails about my nonexistent WoW account being compromised again. If I had one, it actually would be.
    I don't have a Blizzard account whatsoever and have also noticed a massive increase in D3 and WoW email spam.

It sucks to say it but it's from the email that exists solely for this forum too.

Be vigilant kiddies!

-Art

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I don't actually care if anyone loots my Diablo 3 account right now. That's not to say I'd be pleased if they did, but it's not like I'd be very upset either.

If I do decide that I want to give it a go later on, at least I have the proof of purchase, the physical copy of my activation number and so forth, so yeah. What ever.