PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater Looks like your prayers have been answered!

Woot! (10 chars)

After purchasing a staff and running some hearts to unlock skills, I went back, a level higher and more experienced and managed to get through it without incident.

My biggest adjustment has been the duration of abilities like chaos armor and chaos storm -- they seem like they should last longer and I keep finding myself with everything on cooldown.

In any case -- thanks again for everyone's help!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Hey DfScott, glad you got it finished with.

I too found that to be massively overpowered when I first attempted it and was running all over the town taking them out one at time (Whilst keeping within the instance - what a learning curve!). It all gets easier after that and my favourite combo is a sceptre and focus, something about skill 3 just feels good with that.

Maybe see you in game come 13 days from now!

-Art

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I loved the dual-swords... omg, my mesmer is going to be a total swordswoman. dual-sword with greatsword. Oh yeah.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Personally I found the sword/pistol combo to be the most powerful. But that was Beta 1 and 2. Not sure if there were changes since then: phantasmal duellist for some initial damage-illusionary leap and then swap-magic bullet for the stun- blurred frenzy for damage ( I guess a mind slash before that for vulnerability). But yes, if i am thinking of the same quest, i did a lot of running and hiding, trying to take them one or two at a time.

I had fun with the greatsword tonight, but the clipping bugged me (hopefully they'll fix that) and it just didn't seem right to be running around in a party dress with a giant sword.