Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Final pre-launch stress tests in August

After people over at Guru are talking about so many things messed up right now and the official GW2 forum closed again with no place to post bugs, here is a list of what I found & copied on various discussions:

• Hurl still doesn't work, the skill will go automatically in CD when selected
    • Obsidian Focus doesn't work with : arc lightning,churning earth, stone shards
    • Frost Armour will sometimes get frozen, you activate it but you get no effect
    • While the tool tip says the invulnerability from Fortify has been reduced to 3 seconds, the boon icon still says 6 seconds. (The former is what actually happens.)
    • Boon duration on tooltips is hilariously wrong, and I think boon duration buffs via trait point doesnt work. Armor of Earth lasts 8 seconds, with 30 in arcane both the buffs still last 8 seconds even though the tooltip says it should last 10.5 seconds. However boon duration does work on healing glyph, so I have no real idea whats bugged. Boon duration from runes DOES seem to work with Armor of Earth.
    • Lava Font duration is not affected by Persisting Flames, despite the tooltip showing 6 seconds, it only lasts 4 seconds.
    • Burning Retreat still does not permit projectile combo finishers. Blast finishers work fine.
    • no duration shown for glyph Elemetals (both lesser and elite). It's impossible to tell how long the Elemental has been alive and/or how long it has to live. There's no "active" icon or indication in any way in the gui, textual or graphical, regarding the Elementals. In conjunction with damage not showing up in the log, the Elementals are really a great big unknown right now, with respect to effectiveness/power.
    • TeamSpeak seems to affect graphics (!!!) , like making RTL or Tornado invisible
    • Ice Spike - only worked with Auto-attack off. Didn't do any damage or applied vulnerability when cast in a sequence with Auto-attack. Same for Dragon's Tooth
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Regarding elemental, if I recall correctly, necro minions also don't have any indicator at all. Same for Mesmer phantasms and illusions and engineer turrets. Turrets are annoying if you forgot to pick them up again, since they seem to live forever unless destroyed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    "so many things"

That's it? 10 things?
    I'm impressed. That won't take them long to fix up.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    ...so many things messed up right now and the official GW2 forum closed again with no place to post bugs...
    You could always post them in the Guild Wars 2 feedback section at the following link. Whether that is a bug forum or not, I am sure that the reports will be forwarded to the right people.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedb..._2_suggestions

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Regarding elemental, if I recall correctly, necro minions also don't have any indicator at all.
    But minions don't dissolve after 60 seconds unlike the Elementals. People want to see when it will be about to die. Since I haven't been playing with that skill during the stress tests, I can't say if the recharge timer is working correctly or the icon is just blocked by the locked icon, which would also be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    That's it? 10 things?
    I'm impressed. That won't take them long to fix up.
    Considering that everything listed worked in the BWE's except "Hurl", they added quite some bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    You could always post them in the Guild Wars 2 feedback section at the following link. Whether that is a bug forum or not, I am sure that the reports will be forwarded to the right people.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedb..._2_suggestions
    But wasn't the official forum intended the place to go for reporting things for the beta? Posting on the wiki seems like a step backward from the plan.

PS: Stability is now a boon and inherited the icon from Retaliation. I need to fix the boon [Basics] accordingly.
    Last edited by Gorani; 12-08-2012 at 08:08.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

...wasn't the official forum intended the place to go for reporting things for the beta? Posting on the wiki seems like a step backward from the plan...
    The forum and the in-game bug reports were for reporting problems while the game is running and should have been used at that time. However if the bug was not reported when it should have been then it might be better to have the bug reported rather than not.

But minions don't dissolve after 60 seconds unlike the Elementals. People want to see when it will be about to die. Since I haven't been playing with that skill during the stress tests, I can't say if the recharge timer is working correctly or the icon is just blocked by the locked icon, which would also be annoying.
    Minions degen like GW1 minions though. Would rather not wait another 4-5 years before getting a Minion list screen.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Minions degen? That was not my impression. I think they actually regen.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Minions degen? That was not my impression. I think they actually regen.
    Some types of necromancer minions degen, others seem to regen (it might be a utility skill that causes that), and I think others do neither.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    After people over at Guru are talking about so many things messed up right now and the official GW2 forum closed again with no place to post bugs, here is a list of what I found & copied on various discussions:

• Hurl still doesn't work, the skill will go automatically in CD when selected
    • Obsidian Focus doesn't work with : arc lightning,churning earth, stone shards
    • Frost Armour will sometimes get frozen, you activate it but you get no effect
    • While the tool tip says the invulnerability from Fortify has been reduced to 3 seconds, the boon icon still says 6 seconds. (The former is what actually happens.)
    • Boon duration on tooltips is hilariously wrong, and I think boon duration buffs via trait point doesnt work. Armor of Earth lasts 8 seconds, with 30 in arcane both the buffs still last 8 seconds even though the tooltip says it should last 10.5 seconds. However boon duration does work on healing glyph, so I have no real idea whats bugged. Boon duration from runes DOES seem to work with Armor of Earth.
    • Lava Font duration is not affected by Persisting Flames, despite the tooltip showing 6 seconds, it only lasts 4 seconds.
    • Burning Retreat still does not permit projectile combo finishers. Blast finishers work fine.
    • no duration shown for glyph Elemetals (both lesser and elite). It's impossible to tell how long the Elemental has been alive and/or how long it has to live. There's no "active" icon or indication in any way in the gui, textual or graphical, regarding the Elementals. In conjunction with damage not showing up in the log, the Elementals are really a great big unknown right now, with respect to effectiveness/power.
    • TeamSpeak seems to affect graphics (!!!) , like making RTL or Tornado invisible
    • Ice Spike - only worked with Auto-attack off. Didn't do any damage or applied vulnerability when cast in a sequence with Auto-attack. Same for Dragon's Tooth
    Ok, so they are complaining about issues that may already be fixed in their closed internal build. Now, bringing things to light is one thing, but based upon what I've heard about the guru community, as well as the few things I've seen, I can't help but imagine a huge rage fest. Of course, it may not be like that at all, but it's fun to imagine it that way, so I will, lol.

How long have these been issues? BW3 and on? I actually haven't noticed them, but then again, after our characters from BWE1 and 2 were wiped, I hadn't created an elementalist until the first stress test after BWE3.