PC Gaming News

Rangers can now be without pets

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but during the most recent stress tests there was an icon on the far right of the pets area that allowed you to go without a pet. Some of you will be very happy if this makes it to release.

Don't they pop back out again as soon as you enter combat, though? Or did they make it a permanent stowing?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Wait, if you go without pet, does it mean the pet disappears but you get no bonus to compensate?

Meh, I'll definitely play around with that for lulz. Hey look here I'm a thief! *hides behind a bush*
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    It works the same as town clothes, as soon as you take any damage at all your pet's all HEY GUIZE WUTS UP
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Don't they pop back out again as soon as you enter combat, though?...
    I am not really sure as I just noticed the icon and tried it while out of combat. I guess they could have put it in just for vistas/jumping puzzles, which sometimes the pets make more difficult. If there is another stress test before launch I will definitely try it out just before entering combat.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I noticed this during BWE3. It works exactly like the town clothes. I found it handy when crafting.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Really? If there's an option to go in a combat without pets, I probably won't opt to use it. Two heads are better than one, as so going in a fight would be better if you have pets with you. Just saying.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by harhis View Post
    Really? If there's an option to go in a combat without pets, I probably won't opt to use it. Two heads are better than one, as so going in a fight would be better if you have pets with you. Just saying.
    You cannot go into combat without your pet. See my remark about town clothing. As soon as you enter the battle stance (either because you start your attack, or you take damage), your pet will be by your side again.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)