PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Warrior vs. Guardian - a duel

I found this terribly exciting to watch... probably because i like both professions and the commentator seems to be really into the fight. I'm not exactly sure how they managed to highjack a pvp map for this, but I'm not complaining. Enjoy!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Interesting.

I didn't see any weapon swapping. I think the Warrior could have had a bit of an easier time if he'd actually switched weapons at all. There were times he was trying to keep his distance so he could heal. Smart, but he's wasting a lot of time letting the Guardian heal, too, by stopping his damage.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Not gonna lie, that Warrior was bad. He should have had a rifle on swap for Kill Shot.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, if you don't need the swap, bring a ranged weapon. There was plenty of times he could have shot for extra damage while waiting for heals.

As for dueling, I said a long time ago all you need is to be able to make private sPvP games for duels, and I am pretty sure that ability will be in (if not already). There was even some hints it would be in since the first beta, but last time I checked it still wasn't in (that was 2nd BWE afair).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

If the warrior was bad... what does that say about the guardian? Lol, I mean he lost to him. Hopefully there will be more videos like this from that YouTube channel once game releases.

Also, the death in the second match was soooo anticlimactic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You want good PvP videos? Well, I have no Honorable 1v1 to offer, but:

Some Guardian, most of the Warrior stuff I can find is a bit outdated, considering changes that have gone into the game since.

with commentary:

for awesome showing off: (the forum won't allow me to post more than one video... wat? Seriously? Come on!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqk-LF_iJ0

And yeah, the guys in that video 1v1, not great, sadly. But I know nothing so my opinion is invalid.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

He's a little soft too spoken, I could barely hear him =( I was just looking at his build, it looks pretty good to me, though I'd probably fail at using it anyway. I do love how nonchalant he is about his battles. I'd be just about yelling out of excitement if I was playing like that in that match.

It's still awesome though, I really want to see anet implement dueling, or at least scrims like in gw1. I used to love doing that long ago in gw1.

In terms of watching really good players in pvp, I was reaaaaaally impressed with the guy in the ranger buildcast episode. Like his build wasn't great (or so the hosts kept saying) but he was playing so brilliantly. More than once I was all "O_o holy **** i could not that pull that off no matter how hard I try"

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Some moar Guardian-ing. I enjoyed, thought you might too. Actual gameplay with the recorded team conversations start at 3.23

Last edited by kokabel; 21-08-2012 at 14:08.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728