PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Way more self control than me - if I can click it, I click it.
    I'll have to make a note of this for future use.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Save yourself some time. Go /A, bring that broken skill. Run past it all and chuckle to yourself.
    I honestly have no idea what skill you're referring to. Being out of the game for years tends to make lots of things fuzzy.

Not that I'm really concerned with it. I actually did have a good time roaming around Tyria. And even after I got the spot in Majesty's Rest I stuck around to kill Rotscale (mostly for vengeance from the first party wipe, but I did make sure to hit the quest spot before dying a second time). Everywhere else the heroes and I slaughtered everything in our path. Probably most of the reason it took so long.

Someone wants to run around at top speed and tag the locations quickly, neat. Happily cheer you on. But I was just idly wandering around and reminiscing. And noting a whole lot of changes in places like Kessex Peak and the Black Curtain with enemies I'd never seen before (haven't done anything with the more recent... War in Kryta? quests). It was really neat to go back to these places again.

I'm just not sure it's worth it for the other continents, simply because I don't need the HoM point much.

Wow, the GW gods must be looking out for me. I'm sitting at 28 points right now and just about to do Defend Lion's Arch for my oppressor weapon. This makes my decision about how I'm getting that last point pretty easy.

Edit: oh, I love the Xp and gold amounts...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doyle; 18-08-2012 at 07:18. Reason: Image

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Even if you don't do the quests, do walk around LA, Kaineng, Kamadan and the Eye and talk to the NPC's. They are absolutely worth listening to! And go to Dalada, at least.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I started, did the Proph one which was fun, then I went to Cantha and FFS I need to grind Luxon faction to get the Gyala Hatchery quest before I can even get to one of the places out there because I played all Kurzick in the past.

DAMNIT! CBA to do it now.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    same here, i can get to every single place but never really cared for luxon, now it's kinda forced >_<
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted Alizarin View Post
    I started, did the Proph one which was fun, then I went to Cantha and FFS I need to grind Luxon faction to get the Gyala Hatchery quest before I can even get to one of the places out there because I played all Kurzick in the past.

DAMNIT! CBA to do it now.
    Not necessarily.

I brought my ritualist through Cantha yesterday. Hadn't done anything in the Jade Sea, because I play Kurzick. But if you start at the Harvest Temple, you can fight your way to the Luxon side of Unwaking Waters. There's an NPC there who will let you into the outpost... sometimes. I forget all of the conditions. But I can guarantee that I had more Kurzick faction than Luxon, because the merchant inside the outpost wouldn't talk to me at all. Harvest Temple was red, so... Luxon controlled or something, and the res shrine outside had Luxon NPCs.

Some times, however, the NPC won't let you in. Maybe it's when Kurzicks control the temple and you have more Kurzick than Luxon faction. Or something.

It was a relatively long trek across the Jade Sea to Rhea's Crater, but not particularly difficult. And I didn't need to do anything with faction at all to get where I wanted to go.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    if you have 10K luxon factions you don't have to worry about that, i however just got to 2500 factions......that's way short and i am getting bored killing enemies just for factions >_<
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    if you have 10K luxon factions you don't have to worry about that, i however just got to 2500 factions......that's way short and i am getting bored killing enemies just for factions >_<
    You could also, you know, actually do some quests. Boreas Seabed is also coming up (the z-mission), which will give you 2500 points no matter if you finish it HM/Masters or not. The quests are here to stay till the 30th, so you have plenty of time.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Well I tried to get in the back way through Unwaking Waters, and they wont let me in...I'm guessing because I'm under 10k faction...so it's an evening of scouting Maishang Hills (mainly because I find it easy) then I'll see if they like me tomorrow!