PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

August 18th Update: Wayfarer’s Reverie festival

As the last day draws nearer Arenanet have dropped a new festival for us to enjoy, the "Wayfarer's Reverie", which will be active from now until August 30th.

The spirit of adventure is always moving us forward, but it can be difficult to reflect on the journey while you’re in motion. Recent scholarship has unearthed a festival, once observed by our forebearers, that addresses just this notion. The Wayfarer’s Reverie honors the traveler inside each of us, encouraging revelry and revisitation. The world is yours to explore—again or for the first time. Join the celebration!

For those looking to walk the Wayfarer’s path, festival coordinators have been added to Lion’s Arch, Kamadan, Kaineng Center, and the Eye of the North to offer festival quests for their respective regions.
    NPCs will be dropping by the major towns—as well as a few locations off in the wilds—to share their insights during the festival.
    Special drops and bonuses will be in effect throughout the Wayfarer’s Reverie, which will run through August 30th.
    And also adds 4 new Quests, each taking place in one of the main lands (Tyria, Cantha, Elona, EOTN) and involving traveling to visit various landmarks.

Wayfarer's Reverie: Tyria (Lion's Arch)
    Wayfarer's Reverie: Cantha (Kaineng Center)
    Wayfarer's Reverie: Elona (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)
    Wayfarer's Reverie: The Far North (Eye of the North)
    The source being GWWiki and the Guild Wars 1 Twitter

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates:August_2012

https://twitter.com/GuildWars/status/236597644670164992

I for one would just like to take this moment to thank each and every member of Arenanet, those who are still there and those who have left, for everything they have done for us during the past 7 years, there have been ups and there have been downs, but we have all been there as one big community and we've had fun through these times.

So thank you Arenanet, thank you for 7 years of memories, and hopefully many more to come in Guild Wars 2, and thank you for this festival, a beautiful way to say goodbye to the world we have come to love so much before we rejoin it 250 years later.

Thank you Arenanet, for everything.

- Tsukasa Kamiya

exp = start, gold = this year

nice one, i dunno what happens at the end, but i'll be doing it on my main on HM, now waiting with the one in kessex, so that i get all 3 wanteds (i have 2) in kessex at the 20th

good to see anet likes people to play GW while not playing GW2 yet (prolly same after GW2 release)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    I for one would just like to take this moment to thank each and every member of Arenanet, those who are still there and those who have left, for everything they have done for us during the past 7 years, there have been ups and there have been downs, but we have all been there as one big community and we've had fun through these times.

So thank you Arenanet, thank you for 7 years of memories, and hopefully many more to come in Guild Wars 2, and thank you for this festival, a beautiful way to say goodbye to the world we have come to love so much before we rejoin it 250 years later.

Thank you Arenanet, for everything.

- Tsukasa Kamiya
    I would like to add my thanks to yours. They never stop to surprise me, by adding these fairly large updates to their game when I least expect it. I know I'll savour these quest, as I prepare to move 250 years to the future.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    After finishing this event, I have officially walked enough to transverse time and stroll into LA GW2.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    After finishing this event, I have officially walked enough to transverse time and stroll into LA GW2.
    I started off saying, "Oh yeah, this brings back memories. Titan Quests! Woohoo!"

Then it was, "What? Kessex? Aw, that's a long haul!"

Apparently the Wayfarer's Marks (purple drops) can be traded in for consumables too, so that's nice.

I also noticed that only one person in the party has to get to the quest destinations. It will auto-update for everyone else in the party. I guess you could make some money running for people if you wanted too.

Can't believe you can get a free torment weapon out of this though. Very nice for people trying to do the HoM.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    Can't believe you can get a free torment weapon out of this though. Very nice for people trying to do the HoM.
    Important to note that it's once per account, untradable and the weapon will be customized. Nice if missing that HoM point though

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    So, which quest gives you the torment weapon? I really need it (a)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    So, which quest gives you the torment weapon? I really need it (a)
    Having done all four "visit" quests in Tyria, Elona, Cantha and EotN. You get a reward token from one of the guys on the ship in Embark Beach. Once you double click it, it will transform into a weapon CUSTOMIZED & NOT TAILORED TO YOUR CHARACTER. (at least that's what the wiki is currently saying)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    And I suppose you need to do them all on one character?
    Kind of sucks, since I don't have a main, but an alt for each campaign.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    And I suppose you need to do them all on one character?
    Kind of sucks, since I don't have a main, but an alt for each campaign.
    You get an individual reward token for each of the four quests. It should be possible to do them on separate characters and turn all of them in at Embark in the end.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."