PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    Still waiting for sorudo to reply on all of this.

So, anyone willing to run all but the Nightfall quest for 70plat? :)
    You mean, the Wayfarer's quests? Only that bag of bones was highly annoying.... The rest I mostly ran (ok, I died a lot too :P)

Oh, and Kessex Peak is a lot easier if you have Galrath active!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    You mean, the Wayfarer's quests? Only that bag of bones was highly annoying.... The rest I mostly ran (ok, I died a lot too :P)
    You don't have to kill him or anything though... it's close to a zone-border, heroes should be alive again at this point. Flag them on the bridge, get some prots and just run up to him, quest updated. I failed to notice this till I had him down to like 5% hp, at this point I just kept on hitting

Far more annoying to outrun were the WiK mobs, not sure if my 2nd account spawned these or whatever, but they sure know how to snare

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    You don't have to kill him or anything though... it's close to a zone-border, heroes should be alive again at this point. Flag them on the bridge, get some prots and just run up to him, quest updated. I failed to notice this till I had him down to like 5% hp, at this point I just kept on hitting

Far more annoying to outrun were the WiK mobs, not sure if my 2nd account spawned these or whatever, but they sure know how to snare
    He was standing too close to the stairs. I couldn't pass him to get the quest updated. After a few deaths (party, naturally), I had finally managed to move him from his spot so I could pass him..

Did you have a WiK bounty active? I made sure I had a character with me that disabled the WiK quests (which made trying to kill that dragon even worse, as I only had a party of 6, with 2 mules...)
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]

Oh, and Kessex Peak is a lot easier if you have Galrath active!
    Yes. I'd really like to have a tormented weapon, but have no time to play Guild Wars right now (and not until the first of September). So I'm offering pretty much all the money I have on GW1 to get that extra HoM point. 27/50 is ok, right?

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I'd run you, except there are some places where you should map out (or walk back to an outpost again), mostly in Prophecies. I don't feel like going to that floating castle in Kessex peak and then having traversing back to ToA again

Achievements:
    Server

Desolation
    Did you have a WiK bounty active? I made sure I had a character with me that disabled the WiK quests (which made trying to kill that dragon even worse, as I only had a party of 6, with 2 mules...)
    No bounties active, one char has completed WiK, the other completed all campaigns, but didn't start anything else so far. Maybe the later qualifies for WiK-mobs already, I never quite understood the confusing requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    Still waiting for sorudo to reply on all of this.
    Let's be patient, he's busy grinding Luxon faction for the rest of the month

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    No bounties active, one char has completed WiK, the other completed all campaigns, but didn't start anything else so far. Maybe the later qualifies for WiK-mobs already, I never quite understood the confusing requirements.
    Yes, simply finishing Prophecies will generate those mobs. Which is why I brought a character that didn't have that requirement filled. Because that character from my third account does have Prophecies finished but not WiK.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, tormented is devalued (somewhat) by this, which means people get what, an easy 1 HoM point if they don't have it already?

Not that I personally care, but I think generally if you demand a given work for something, it's bad to later change it. It's ok to reduce the XP required to level, gradually, so new players can catch up faster. But stuff like cosmetic epeen rewards, that shouldn't be touched unless the community believes the cost is prohibitive.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Yeah, tormented is devalued (somewhat) by this, which means people get what, an easy 1 HoM point if they don't have it already?

Not that I personally care, but I think generally if you demand a given work for something, it's bad to later change it. It's ok to reduce the XP required to level, gradually, so new players can catch up faster. But stuff like cosmetic epeen rewards, that shouldn't be touched unless the community believes the cost is prohibitive.
    I would agree with you on most part. Except in case of the tormented weapons.

To get a tormented weapon, you really need a decent party. And even with a good party it will take a lot of time. People might or might not accept it, but GW1 will slowly empty of people. And those people that do return probably won't be wanting to do one area which will take hours multiple times. FoW can be farmed, with only heroes as your companions, by the average person. Yes, it might be slower, but it's highly possible. DoA, not so much.

And it's only 1 point...

Achievements:
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post

But the game has been going through that process from like 2008 on to this day. Obtaining Razah, scaling of PvE-only skills (twice), 7 heroes and mercenaries, Legendary Survivor, Legendary Farmer of Ascalon. These changes may seem more subtle than just handing out a tormented weapon, but they "devalue" past efforts just as much. The content has become far easier and faster to complete.

Having played GW since Nightfall launch, I never considered this to be a bad thing. On the contrary, I welcome the chance to play more alts and especially the 7 hero update kept me for far longer in the game as I would have thought, simply because a lot of stuff was suddenly far more accessible.

I would agree with you on most part. Except in case of the tormented weapons.

To get a tormented weapon, you really need a decent party. And even with a good party it will take a lot of time. People might or might not accept it, but GW1 will slowly empty of people. And those people that do return probably won't be wanting to do one area which will take hours multiple times. FoW can be farmed, with only heroes as your companions, by the average person. Yes, it might be slower, but it's highly possible. DoA, not so much.

And it's only 1 point...
    It's not that bad really. The 7 hero update made DoA possible to do by yourself, though one might argue that doing it 4-5 times in order to get all the gems is quite tiresome. Back when I last checked the market, an armbrace was going for 22 ecto, which is quite some cash, but farmable in the above mentioned FoW for example. Or UW. The armbrace is also used as currency, so even if people aren't doing DoA much anymore, there will still be a steady supply of armbraces around.

To me this is a HoM point almost like any other, my guess is that it wasn't a popular one to complete, that's why I think it's such a clever reward at this point.