After a short hiatus, Skills of Interest is back with a weapon skill. It is dagger time with the freshly changed Lightning Touch.
, Current GW2wiki description (August stress tests, 2012) :
Shock your foe and inflict weakness.
Weakness: 5 s
Traits affecting the skill
Air Lightning Touch 10
Change-log (since February 2012)
- The damage output of the skill was changed a few times during the BWEs 2012.
- Before the May BWE, Lightning Touch was an AoE skill with a cone shaped radius.
- Prior to the August 2012 stress tests Lightning Touch was dealing three stacks of Vulnerability for 6 seconds and had a recharge of 6 seconds. It also did about 25% less damage.
- October 22nd, 2012: The skill still affects only the closest foe, but the attack angke has been increased, so the skill hits more often against moving foes.
- The Weakness condition is very strong at reducing the damage output of foes. Without using Glyph of Elemental Power while in Air attunement, Lightning Touch is the only viable option the Elementalist has to inflict this condition (Stoning only causes weakness for 1 second, so very hard to time).
- Although the recharge was increased to 10 seconds, the length of the condition allows you to keep it up 50% of the time, when you cast it on the same foe.
- The trait Aeromancer's Alacrity can reduce the recharge to 8 seconds.
- The range of 300 does indicate that it is not a "touch skill", despite the name. (Melee skills usually have a range of 150).