PC Gaming News

Poll: Which Race will you play first ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which Race will you play first ?

Pretty simple poll, which race will you play first at release ?

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    I'm going to go Humain, thank you very much.

Hmm, my time will be divided between my human, charr and sylvari. I think i'll end up playing my human most, as he is an elementalist, and my favorite profession.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Human will be my main and first character.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I voted charr.

The races that interest me the most are charr, sylvari, and asura. It does get messed up with professions though, as my two mains are charr guardian and norn mesmer, so norn will get quite a bit more attention early on for being mesmer rather than for being norn.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Emhry Bay
    Guild

G1: The Nightforce, GW2:Bestial Menace
    Charr was going to be my first. Norn second because I like the fact they can shapeshift, too bad there story seems unappealing to me though. My first character i made was a Charr engineer during beta. Now I Made a Charr Ranger only because I wanted to use the Black Moa I unlocked in my HoM. Anyways Charr seemed closest to not being a human. Were humans in real life and this is a fantasy game which I prefer to play a fantasy race that isn't Elf, Dwarf, human, or have any appearance close to human. I plan to make a Asura and a Sylvari Character, but I think Ill not play a human. There just.. to normal and typical for my taste I guess.

I went for Human.

I just like the way my character looks....though, couldn't decide at first on which profession I should go for as Human. I created a Human Engineer first, but later found Human Ranger more interesting.

Glad I found this thought-provoking guide that helped me decide on which profession is perfect match for my race.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Cute guide...

I noted a few flaws (sorry, my training) with 3 starting points each not letting you access all 8 professions, some questions having only one possible answer (And undead minions? Heck yes! - admittedly, who doesn't love minions?), and some paths not making sense (e.g. saying you don't like technology and espionnage can still land you a thief or engineer).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

So Peter Fries of ANet is whining that no one wants to plays Charr.
    Aaaah,

I Know exactly why I don't play (7 years of hating Charr), they should all be rugs.

But why don't you?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Why do you assume people don't play Charr? I really like my 2 Charrs...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)