PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]

Are you a former guild member returning for GW2? Post here!

During the guild's seven and a half year history many people have come and gone. Some moved on to other games and some quit playing because of lack of free time. But with the coming of Guild Wars 2 we hope to see a lot of the old faces again! If you once had a home in GWOnline Guild we would love to welcome you back home

So if you're returning home to GWO please post in this thread instead of the ordinary application thread. We only ask you to post a little information about yourself. This is to help refresh our memories as well as to introduce yourself to guild members who joined after you left. And we also need to know who to send the invitation in-game, naturally.

If you want to re-join GWO in Guild Wars 2, please provide the following information:

Name/nickname:
    Your old GW1 main ingame character name:
    Approximately when you joined and left GWO:
    Either:
    Your GW2 display name: *
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN):
    Which world/server you are playing on: **
    Write a few words about yourself, what you like best to do in the game, etc:

Note: Current guild members should not post here. Instead post in the head count thread in the private guild forum.

* Display name is NOT the same as your account name, ie. your login email address. We would never ask for that. Your display name is what you chose when you registered the game, plus four random digits. As an example, my display name is Jersey.6987.
    Your display name is probably best considered to be public information, seeing how anyone can find it in-game if they know one of your character names. They won't see the four digits if your chosen display name is unique, however. Your display name is also your handle on the official forums, so you can log in there or at account management to find your display name without logging in to the game.

** See this thread for more info on GWOnline Guild and worlds
    Last edited by Jersey; 09-09-2012 at 16:24.

Name/nickname:
    Jason, AKA Satricus, AKA JSBrayker

Satricus Praedonius, etc.

Joined March 2005, left sometime in 2007.

Your GW2 display name:
    JSBrayker.4287

A character name that is reserved for you and that you will use:
    Undecided, Satricus [Something]

Which world/server you will play on:
    StormBluff Isle

When will you start playing GW2?:
    3 day head start, most likely as soon as the servers are up.

Closing arguments:

Guild Wars was the only MMO I stuck with for any length of time, and a large part of what made it enjoyable for so long was GWO. Through random bad luck, I just didn't have the free time to check out GW2 much during the BWEs. I was originally planning on going solo for a couple of weeks to get my bearings with the new game before throwing my name in the hat, but after seeing this post I just couldn't resist.

Playing Guild Wars, when I wasn't doing missions/quests/dungeons or dabbling in PvP, my favorite way to kill time and entertain myself was exploring. I spent a lot of time in GW trying to reach distant landmarks that looked interesting, or finding places with a great view, and then taking a ton of screenshots.

Since I haven't played much of it, I can't say exactly what I'm planning in Guild Wars 2, other than trying to experience as much of the content as possible, and picking up another 1000+ screenshots on the way.

Name/nickname:
    Expandeble.

Old main name:
    Big Punisher.

Joind and left GWO:
    Joined May 2005, left august 2006

GW2 display name:
    Scorpo.

Server:
    Aurora Glade

Character name:
    Scorpo/Big Punisher

I will start playing as soon as i can. Synday evening in my part of the real world:)
    Hard to say what i like best to do but i will probably go solo for a time to explore and do some crafting and just enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Expendable; 24-08-2012 at 21:18.

Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Satricus View Post
    Playing Guild Wars, when I wasn't doing missions/quests/dungeons or dabbling in PvP, my favorite way to kill time and entertain myself was exploring. I spent a lot of time in GW trying to reach distant landmarks that looked interesting, or finding places with a great view, and then taking a ton of screenshots.
    We also killed some time with that dye research project, or whatever we called it, didn't we? Aaah, good times!! Welcome back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    Character name:
    Scorpo/Big Punisher
    I hope you're online quick enough to grab that name! I'll text you as soon as I notice the servers are up. Cheers mate

Both of you, invites will be sent as soon as the guild is up and running

Your old GW1 main ingame character name: Babael Gravekeeper
    Approximately when you joined and left GWO: Guild Wars 1 Weekend Beta Events - Left three/four years ago as an officer when my father stepped down as leader to rejoin friends in World of Warcraft
    Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Nightmare.4860
    A character name that is reserved for you and that you will use: Ayperos Lightseer
    Which world/server you will play on: Stormbluff Isle
    When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later? Maybe early-access

Hi Jersey, hope you remember me! You may even notice I have grown over the years of my absence. I remember Lady Rhonwyn, Sat, Lissa, Calderstrike, and maybe a few others. My time in this guild was some of the best times I have had in an MMORPG. We may not have been the best at what we did, but we were always a family. Some of us butt heads, some of us didn't, but none of us really truly hated each other. We strove to help each other in every way we possibly could. While trying to make sure we all had a healthy balance of giving and receiving. I remember a time why Lady Rhonwyn wasn't even a part of this guild, in a literal sense of course. But somehow she was always there to help. Satricus, hmmmm, the silent "just tell me what to smack in the face" type, if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed everything he had to offer. Now this was all before Factions had released, and I left just before Nightfall hit the shelves. There is alot I remember but, there is much more I have missed. And I would like the opportunity to learn of all of these memories in the form of stories from all of you again! Thank you for your time, and thank you for the opportunity to say what it is I had to say Jersey.

The WvWvW content amuses me, and I will probably be more PvP oriented but the PvE content will probably be what I am naturally best at, my experience in World of Warcraft's PvE content will serve me best here...
    Last edited by Nightmare The Dark; 25-08-2012 at 02:29.

Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare The Dark View Post
    Hi Jersey, hope you remember me!
    Let me answer that with a question... How could I forget the BarkBus?
    Great to have you back!

I'll invite everyone who already posted in this thread, as soon as the game lets me get back in, of course. It kicked me out some 40 minutes ago...

Name/nickname:

Rhea

Rhea Zahir

Oh...sometime in 2007-08? I am bad with dates. :)

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: *

Rhea.1085

Rhea Zahir

Which world/server you will play on: **

PvE Aurora Glade (EU) if I can ever get in!

When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later?

Early Access!

I played GW1 for many, MANY years. Someone here might remember me. I like to chat and nom on bacon! I love PvE. I love to team up for quests and dungeons and other fun events.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

GWO
    Name/nickname: DannyDPX

Atara The Dark

somewhere back in the mists of time (who remembers making the video using the Mika song?), I left to enjoy becoming a daddy

Your GW2 display name:
    dannydpx.8924

Of course, I have "Atara The Dark" reserved

Henge of Denravi (US)

When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later?
    Early Access

I used to be online a lot in GW1, like to explore ingame, liked to joke about here on the boards (if you remember me derailing an epic thread with "cake vs pie", I tip my hat to you)
    Last edited by Atara The Dark; 25-08-2012 at 15:57.

Name/nickname:
    Nataniel
    Darren Shan
    Joined during betas in Jan.2005,and left in Mars.2005,due to inactivity.( much work abroad back then )
    Either:

Your GW2 display name:
    gundar.4281

Harold Godwinson

Aurora Glades

When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later?:
    I will start playing on the 3 days pre. start.thingy.

I am what you might call a explorer,enjoy wandering about,discovering new places.I tend to enjoy playing solo and are rather laid back in my style.
    But wouldnt say no to a few dungeons run.The explorer "sickness" i have inherited from my good rl friend and officer in this guild ( Jersey)
    Hope to be allowed to get to play with you all.
    Catch you all in-game

Regards.
    Gunnar

Hello 2 All! Ty Lady for redirecting me to this page. I would like a Guild Invite.

GW2 Tag: Fear of Unknown.6789

TYVM Chained Evil