PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]

GWOnline Guild Membership Application

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING

Thank you for your interest in the GWOnline Guild.

About the guild

We are a close-knit group of friends and players who promote a community-minded spirit while representing the GWOnline.net Guild Wars fansite. We take pride in being a friendly, cooperative guild, meaning we share when we can and freely help each other when possible. Help from GWO members is also generously extended to and received from other guilds, with whom we have formed friendships over the course of time. GWO exists for the good of its members and is run collectively by its membership. Basically, we promote the fun and fellowship of the game, encourage and help each other, and uphold the Guild Wars EULA.

Members are expected to behave with honor and courtesy toward others, both within and outside the Guild. Basically, GWO is a safe, friendly, and helpful place. With that in mind, say hello when you sign on and be sociable. Join a couple of groups doing missions or quests and enjoy yourself.

GWOnline Guild was founded on this forum prior to the GW1 Beta Weekend Event in February 2005. We are part of the GWOnline alliance, a group of like-minded and friendly guilds. Both the guild and alliance exist in both games:

Guild Wars 1
    We will continue to exist as long as there are people playing. We understand that members who have moved on to GW2 from time to time might want to go back to GW1 to fill their HoM, participate in events or simply for the nostalgia. While other members may want to stay in GW1 simply because they like it better than GW2.

Guild Wars 2
    We aim to grow and prosper in the years to come. Recruitment is now open. We are welcoming members from any server, though most of our guild and alliance members call one of these worlds their home:
    • Stormbluff Isle (NA), which is our primary WvW server.
    • Aurora Glade (EU), which primarily focuses on PvE.

Of course, we won't exclude any game mode from either server. You can find more information about the alliance servers and world selection here.

Guild rules and contact information

• By applying for membership to the GWO Guild, you will be verifying that you have read the GWO Guild Rules, and agree to abide by them.
    • You may contact any of the Officers in-game for more information.

Application Procedure

After you post your application, and when space space is available, you will be contacted via private message (PM) on the website forums. After replying to the PM, you will be invited into the Guild(s) of your choice in-game.

Membership in GWO is initially given on a probationary basis of 30 days, during which the decision will be made by the Leadership if you will gain full Membership or not. If you are accepted, you will be given access to the Guild's private forum. At this time, you will be required to post your information in the Member Info thread.

Note that the membership cap is higher in GW2 than in GW1. In some cases a new member applying for the guild in both games will be invited to the guild in GW2 immediately but will have to wait for an open spot in GW1 if he/she applied for both. In such cases the probationary period will run from the first in-game join date.

Application Form

Please provide the following information in this format

Name/Nickname:
    In which game to you want to join the guild? GW1, GW2 or both?
    Location/Timezone:

Guild Wars 1 contact info (if applying for the GW1 guild):
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN):
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs):

Guild Wars 2 contact info (if applying for the GW2 guild):
    Either:
    Your GW2 display name: *
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN):
    Which world/server you are playing on:

Additional information:

1. How many hours do you play Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2 per week?

2. Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...)

3. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 1? (I.E. obtaining 15K or fissure armor, completing master difficulty quests, earning titles, completing Hall of Monuments, etc...)

4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...)

5. Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests?

6. What do you like the most about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?

7. What do you like the least about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?

8. What other games do you play apart from Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?

9. Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like?

10. Why are you interested in joining the GWO Guild?

11. What are your expectations as a member of the GWO Guild?

12. What character do you play the most and why?

13. What kind of biscuit would you be?

14. Cake or Pie?

* Display name is NOT the same as your account name, ie. your login email address. We would never ask for that. Your display name is what you chose when you registered the game, plus four random digits. As an example, my display name is Jersey.6987.
    Your display name is probably best considered to be public information, seeing how anyone can find it in-game if they know one of your character names. They won't see the four digits if your chosen display name is unique, however. You can see your display name on the character select screen. It is also your handle on the official forums, so you can log in there or at account management to find your display name without logging in to the game.
    Last edited by Jersey; 09-09-2012 at 15:54. Reason: Updated with server names

Hi there,

With GW2 getting close, the cat (probably Kleintje) dragged me in again. I was wondering if an old dog like me is welcome to join in GW2?

Name/Nickname: Tomas
    In which game to you want to join the guild? GW2
    Location/Timezone: GMT+1 or GMT+2 (summer time)

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Arcania.4603
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): no idea about final character names just yet
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs):same as above
    Which world/server you will play on: played the betas on Vabbi, will choose Aurora Glade at release
    When will you start playing GW2? Saturday August 25th 2012

Additional information:

1. How many hours do you play Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2 per week? Dont play GW anymore/depending on real life stuff, but probably at least 15 hours a week will be spent in GW2(including weekends there)

2. Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...) anything PvE, no PvP please

3. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 1? (I.E. obtaining 15K or fissure armor, completing master difficulty quests, earning titles, completing Hall of Monuments, etc...) been there, done that :)

4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...) I will see about that later, for now, the focus is to explore the game and enjoy everything there is (except PvP of course)

5. Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests? Definitely.

6. What do you like the most about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? pretty much everything - great effort and care in every step of the way while creating the game

7. What do you like the least about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? PvP

8. What other games do you play apart from Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? none

9. Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like? I have been around in a few guilds yes. Very enjoyable mostly.

10. Why are you interested in joining the GWO Guild? I have friends there

11. What are your expectations as a member of the GWO Guild? to have fun

12. What character do you play the most and why? It used to be a mesmer in GW. We will see about GW2 later.... surprisingly, it may not be a mesmer

13. What kind of biscuit would you be? a tasty one

14. Cake or Pie? Cake

Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Welcome back, Arcane! I remember you were a member of GWO some time ago. Invite is coming!!

Greetings all ;-)

My real name is Frank.
    I am a old time Everquest player and a friend of mine who happens to be in your guild got me to try GW2.
    Since i like to play these kind of games together with friends, i would like to apply for membership.

Name/Nickname: Pdarf Tyron.6250
    Location/Timezone: London / European time.

Guild Wars 1 contact info: ----- never played gw 1.
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): -------
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs): ------

Guild Wars 2 contact info: frst time playing this game.
    ]Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Pdarf Tyron.6250
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Altyron du Borgi
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs): not yet made

Which world/server you will play on: Underworld
    When will you start playing GW2? started at release date.

Additional information:

How many hours do you play Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2 per week? too much atm ;-) but it will probby settle around 10 hours or so in a few weeks.

[Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...):
    still to figure out, but mostly i like just doing things with friends either way, so far the game looks good..;-)

[Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 1? (I.E. obtaining 15K or fissure armor, completing master difficulty quests, earning titles, completing Hall of Monuments, etc...) : nope never played gw1.

Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...) : jup have fun and have fun and have fun, ofcourse building a toon that can hold his r her own is handy to help out with things to do..;-)

Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests? : sure ;-)

What do you like the most about Guild Wars 2? : (people helping eachother) still to figure that out ;-)

What do you like the least about Guild Wars 2? : after people help they shatter all places i think thats a mayor reason for me to become a guildmember so we can form partys and still a bit together..;-)

What other games do you play apart from Guild Wars 2? : Everquest (the original), Dungeons and dragons online, Star trek online, Team Fortress online and roleplaying in real life Ad&D and Larp to name a few..;-)
    Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like? Oh yeah i am member and officer of my first guild in everquest wich i joined in 2004 and still in there in that function

Why are you interested in joining the GWO Guild? rl friend in your guild (ingame name Mad Queen Malafide)

What are your expectations as a member of the GWO Guild? well first and for all fun and then fun again ofcourse, it would be nice though if we could do some things together, giving advise and just some chatting around (read socializing), it should be relaxing for all ;-)

What character do you play the most and why? lol in these kind of game and in the roleplay games i play i mostly tend to play a healer, but lets say for MMorps ranged attacker (ranger) with the ability to step in once and awhile..;-)

What kind of biscuit would you be? : hmmmmmm cheese...;-)
    Cake or Pie? : Pie

Hi,

I have been following GWOnline for GW2 news for about a year now. I would love to participate in the guild. I 'wasted' an entire summer playing GW1 after it came out (I was in college at the time) and am hugely excited about GW2 and loving it so far. I greatly enjoyed both the PvE and the PvP/GvG gameplay in GW1, so I would love to find an active guild to coordinate with.

Name/Nickname: Static Blue.5239
    In which game to you want to join the guild? GW1, GW2 or both? GW2
    Location/Timezone: Texas (US Central)

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Static Blue.5239
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Static Sniper
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs): Static Flame
    Which world/server you will play on: Stormbluff Isle
    When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later? Started during early-access

Additional information:

Probably 10-25 based on the week.

2. Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...)
    Loving it all so far. I will probably focus mostly on PvE for a while first, but am very interested in getting into some coordinated squad-based PvP/WvW

3. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 1? (I.E. obtaining 15K or fissure armor, completing master difficulty quests, earning titles, completing Hall of Monuments, etc...)
    n/a

4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...)
    Honestly my goal is to get 8 lvl 60 characters :) It might take me a while but I'd love to play through with each profession. We'll see if that actually happens...

5. Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests?
    Definitely

The emphasis on player skill over just grinding for more powerful items/characters.

Right now I'm having some frustrations with overflow servers making it difficult to stay with my party, but I think that is just a bug that will get fixed.

Was playing Diablo III but was rather disappointed by it.

9. Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like?
    I was in GW1 (don't remember the name) and it was great. We had some success in the PvP tournaments and developed some good team strategies.

I'd like to find a mature and polite guild. I have been following this site for a while and think this would be a great guild.

The ability to join up with other guild mates to play WvW or PvP. Hopefully using a voice chat tool.

Started with a Ranger, then made an elementalist. I'm liking the elementalist more so I might focus on that for now. I like the powerful AoE abilities.

Cornbread

14. Cake or Pie?
    Pie!

My Application

Name/Nickname: Nicky Markenstein / Sigilien
    Location/Timezone: Amsterdam

Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Esmee Jarrah

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Sigilien.5680
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Finix Asratix OR Larewen Elentirmo (not sure who is my main yet)
    Which world/server you will play on: Underworld EU
    When will you start playing GW2? During early-acces, at release day or some time later? At Release Day

Additional information:

I have the game about 4 day's now I guess and I have played 37,5 hours allready. And the week is not done yet. But wait! I do not expect to play this much for long. I should have a life, you know XD

I love exploring the world with my friends and doing quests when we feel like it. I like crafting too, though I never seem to have enough supplies and gathering can be a bit tedious sometimes. I don't like playing on my own too much though, I always get more fun out of it when I play with friends.

I want to complete the map exploration, get all the pets, get more awesome skills and spells, master crafting.

I allready try to help wherever I can. I think this game MAKES you help others by implementing events and stuff. ;)

It looks really great. I also like that you feel like you are actually exploring and put a lot of effort into completing/exploring a map

I find that there are too few skill slots, I would have liked have a few more so you can use the multiple skills you have more easily. Also I find that the respawn rate is a little too fast sometimes. And I would like to see more charmable pets, with a little more skills.

Left for Dead 2, Skyrim, Team Fortress 2, Trine, The Walking Dead, Sims 3, Terraria, Divine Divinity, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Guitar Hero, Professor Layton.
    Roleplaying like D&D, LARPing, Arkham Horror, Black Stories

Not in Guild Wars. In other games I found that some guilds ask too much of you. I like playing casually and not that I feel like I am obligated to play, that really ruins the game for me.

Because it seems like a dedicated guild and I have friends who are in it (Mad Queen Malafide and PdarfTyron).

Having fun with other members, maybe a little help here and there (from me to others and from them to me.

I like my Azura Elementalist Finix Asratix. She looks nice and has cool spells. But I play my Nord Ranger Larewen Elentirmo about as often. I absolutely love the long bow. I still need to find out a good tactic with my pets though.

A dry one

14. Cake or Pie?
    Cake
    Last edited by Sigilien; 04-09-2012 at 10:23.

Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    StaticBlue and Sigilien, you have both been invited today. Welcome to GWOnline Guild.

Recruitment is now open and the first post is updated to reflect this

here is my aplication

Name/Nickname: Marijn Verhallen / Marinus Aurillus
    Location/Timezone: Amsterdam

Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Marinus Aurillus

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: Marinus.2105
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Marinus Aurillus
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs): dont know from memmory
    Which world/server you are playing on: Aurora glade

Additional information:

1. How many hours do you play Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2 per week? about 40 a week, give or take

2. Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...) all of the above ;)

4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...) being awesome... erhhm no not really, just havin fun

5. Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests? of course

6. What do you like the most about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? playing with friends

7. What do you like the least about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? the damn collectible crafting materials that sometimes never seem to drop and where you need a million of to complete a new armour or sword

8. What other games do you play apart from Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2? mostly RPGs and some strategy games of various titles, whatever looks interesting, aswell as some Xbox 360 games

9. Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like? not in this game, i used to be a membere and a guildleader back in the old WoW days

10. Why are you interested in joining the GWO Guild? Because i have no choice.. im being forced at knifepoint by my friends...

11. What are your expectations as a member of the GWO Guild? to have fun with a large group of people

12. What character do you play the most and why? marinus becouse he is my main fighter..

13. What kind of biscuit would you be? definately one covered in chocolate... hmmm chocolate...

14. Cake or Pie? depends on the tea you'r serving

Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Invited. Welcome aboard

Name/Nickname: Divine Dragon Soul
    Location/Timezone: NL, UTS +1

Either:
    Your GW2 display name: *
    Main Ingame Character Name (IGN): Divine Dragon Soul
    All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs): Source of Blessing, Tiny Mirage, Clever Beast, North Princess
    Which world/server you are playing on: Underworld

Additional information:

It depends, but since release, about 5-9 h/d.

I am absolutely crazy about exploring the phenomenal, beautiful world of Tyria with its great Dynamic events and massive bosses!!! And of course, I am crazy about Jumping puzzles :D also I ‘d like to spend fair time in WvW. (In GW1 I haven’t done much PvP, it was always PvE and I loved it )

At the moment I have, I think 42 points in Home, which is fine with me, as I am mostly concern with an items, rather than titles.

4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting disciplines etc...)
    I have already completed all PvE map, and most WvW, also finished story and went through all dungeons on my main character (97%map). I’d love to get 100% and complete all puzzles! For the rest I’d love to run around help folks and enjoy the GW2 world :D
    Asolutely!

oh! Hard one!
    The art!!!! Absolutely! The level of art, level of details is enormous! I red all GW books, have all art books as well! Can’t enjoy enough! And ofc fantastic music.
    All together = AMAzing world!

Em…broken SP and events….and lame lame lame..chest rewards…..haha.

IN GW1 I hate Heroes and HEnches!

None. I played a couple of Action/RPG while waiting for GW2 thought 

Yes, I’ve been in a couple of guilds in GW1. I can’t really remember old ones…but the last one was great! Doing dungeons, zones HM together. Helping getting achievements! And just keep each other in a good mood .

I heard from a friend within, that the guild is life and healthy! I am looking for a good community of enthusiastic people, who know the game and it’s story. Keep things positive and enjoy playing together.

I’d hope to be involved in many events! Get more interesting people in! make friends, and do things together.

At the moment I only play with my Main Character (just like in GW1) “Divine Dragon Soul” a genetic Elementalist (since 250years ago) who happened to walk out of The Pale Tree. I think I like to have higher lvl Playing, Figure out gear, play style, goals and just enjoy it, rather than do multiple things at the same time. And just be course He is Awesome!
    But I hope to get on with my Human Guardian in near future aswell 

Fresh, warm and Crispy.

14. Cake or Pie?
    All the question has to be so tricky….?? Let’s go for a Pie…?