PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING
Thank you for your interest in the GWOnline Guild.
About the guild
We are a close-knit group of friends and players who promote a community-minded spirit while representing the GWOnline.net Guild Wars fansite. We take pride in being a friendly, cooperative guild, meaning we share when we can and freely help each other when possible. Help from GWO members is also generously extended to and received from other guilds, with whom we have formed friendships over the course of time. GWO exists for the good of its members and is run collectively by its membership. Basically, we promote the fun and fellowship of the game, encourage and help each other, and uphold the Guild Wars EULA.
Members are expected to behave with honor and courtesy toward others, both within and outside the Guild. Basically, GWO is a safe, friendly, and helpful place. With that in mind, say hello when you sign on and be sociable. Join a couple of groups doing missions or quests and enjoy yourself.
GWOnline Guild was founded on this forum prior to the GW1 Beta Weekend Event in February 2005. We are part of the GWOnline alliance, a group of like-minded and friendly guilds. Both the guild and alliance exist in both games:
Guild Wars 1
We will continue to exist as long as there are people playing. We understand that members who have moved on to GW2 from time to time might want to go back to GW1 to fill their HoM, participate in events or simply for the nostalgia. While other members may want to stay in GW1 simply because they like it better than GW2.
Guild Wars 2
We aim to grow and prosper in the years to come. Recruitment is now open. We are welcoming members from any server, though most of our guild and alliance members call one of these worlds their home:
- Stormbluff Isle (NA), which is our primary WvW server.
- Aurora Glade (EU), which primarily focuses on PvE.
Of course, we won't exclude any game mode from either server. You can find more information about the alliance servers and world selection here.
Guild rules and contact information
- By applying for membership to the GWO Guild, you will be verifying that you have read the GWO Guild Rules, and agree to abide by them.
- You may contact any of the Officers in-game for more information.
After you post your application, and when space space is available, you will be contacted via private message (PM) on the website forums. After replying to the PM, you will be invited into the Guild(s) of your choice in-game.
Membership in GWO is initially given on a probationary basis of 30 days, during which the decision will be made by the Leadership if you will gain full Membership or not. If you are accepted, you will be given access to the Guild's private forum. At this time, you will be required to post your information in the Member Info thread.
Note that the membership cap is higher in GW2 than in GW1. In some cases a new member applying for the guild in both games will be invited to the guild in GW2 immediately but will have to wait for an open spot in GW1 if he/she applied for both. In such cases the probationary period will run from the first in-game join date.
Please provide the following information in this format
In which game to you want to join the guild? GW1, GW2 or both?
Guild Wars 1 contact info (if applying for the GW1 guild):
Main Ingame Character Name (IGN):
All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs):
Guild Wars 2 contact info (if applying for the GW2 guild):
Your GW2 display name: *All Other Ingame Character Names (IGNs):
Main Ingame Character Name (IGN):
Which world/server you are playing on:
1. How many hours do you play Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2 per week?
2. Which areas of the game do you enjoy the most? (I.E. personal storyline, dynamic events, world exploration, crafting and gathering, high level PvE (dungeons / elite missions / hard mode), PvP (WvW, sPvP, GvG, HA, AB, Codex), socializing with others, etc...)
3. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 1? (I.E. obtaining 15K or fissure armor, completing master difficulty quests, earning titles, completing Hall of Monuments, etc...)
4. Do you have any personal goals to achieve in Guild Wars 2? (I.E. completing the storyline, completing dungeons, complete map exploration, earning titles, master all crafting diciplines etc...)
5. Would you be interested in helping other members through personal storyline, missions and quests?
6. What do you like the most about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?
7. What do you like the least about Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?
8. What other games do you play apart from Guild Wars 1 / Guild Wars 2?
9. Have you been a member of a Guild previously If so, what was your experience with them like?
10. Why are you interested in joining the GWO Guild?
11. What are your expectations as a member of the GWO Guild?
12. What character do you play the most and why?
13. What kind of biscuit would you be?
14. Cake or Pie?
* Display name is NOT the same as your account name, ie. your login email address. We would never ask for that. Your display name is what you chose when you registered the game, plus four random digits. As an example, my display name is Jersey.6987.
Your display name is probably best considered to be public information, seeing how anyone can find it in-game if they know one of your character names. They won't see the four digits if your chosen display name is unique, however. You can see your display name on the character select screen. It is also your handle on the official forums, so you can log in there or at account management to find your display name without logging in to the game.