PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]

Smile GWOnline Alliance invites you to join us on Stormbluff Isle and Aurora Glade

The GWOnline Alliance has decided to gather on two servers, one in each region:

• Stormbluff Isle (NA), which is our primary WvW server.
    • Aurora Glade (EU), which primarily focuses on PvE.

Of course, we won't exclude any game mode from either server. Players on the NA server will also play PvE. And players on the EU server will also play WvW, but probably to a less degree than on the NA server. So if you know you want to play lots of WvW with our alliance members you might want to play on the NA server, regardless of where you actually live. On the other hand, if you know you never ever (or rarely) will step into WvW you might want to check out the EU server even if you live across the pond.

Are you pondering to become a member of the GWOnline Alliance?

Then you should take advantage of the unlimited and free world transfers you will be able to enjoy for a limited period after launch and come visit us! It's better to do it now than to wait for the guesting feature to be implemented, because during this limited period you'll be able to change your home world permanently for free in case you enjoy our company

You should also check out each guild's private forum and look for information on recruitment.

Are you already a member of a guild in the alliance?

Before the "free world transfers" period ends (only Anet knows when) you should check with your guild before finally choosing a permanent home world. This is because each guild chooses server(s) individually. Some guilds may want to gather all members in one world while other guilds will spread out on both alliance servers.

Note: If you are a member of a guild in the alliance you will also be invited to our GWOnline Alliance overhead "meta-guild". This is probably the best possible substitute for a proper alliance system that we can come up with for now.

How do guilds and worlds work together?

Here is some useful info with a few links to the official wiki. Please note that this information is based on how things worked during the BWE's and stress tests. In other words: it may or may not be accurate for the release version of GW2!

Because guilds span across world borders you don't need to play on one of "our" servers if you want to be or already are a member of an alliance guild. But there are a few things you should know:
    • You can only play WvW on your home world.
    • Structured PvP allows you to team up with anyone regardless of home world.
    • Influence earned by your guild can only be spent in the world where it was earned, and there will be separate build queues for each world within a guild. That means guild boons researched on the NA server will not affect guild members on the EU server.

As an example, my guess is that for the GWOnline Alliance overhead "meta-guild" at least you should probably expect more WvW-related boons on the NA server. While you'll probably see more PvE-related boons on the EU server. The individual guilds in the alliance may focus differently.

I posted it on the other thread but wanted to repost it here just in case.

I just wanted to register to post some advice on a US server. If you guys have a very large community you may want to choose a different US server than stormbluff. The reason being is there is currently a large number of guilds rolling there already that are sizeable. Just don't want you guys to have trouble getting into WvW since you mentioned that was one of the main reasons. There are already currently over 80+ guilds rolling there and I would say over 3500 people easy.

If the guilds aren't excessivly large though it shouldn't be an issue.
    You can always check out the comunity site at Http://stormbluffisle.com and check in.
    The site is very active and good comunity members.

Either way you decide you are more than welcome if you do decide to roll on Stormbluff :-D
    I don't want to discourage anyone from coming on over :-D

Just a heads up.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    It's not really that large.

Also kind of late now.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

I beg to differ. there are over 4000 people on it already. and that is probably lowballing. Like I said if your numbers are small then it shouldn't matter but at least look at the community site and see all the guilds listed there and look at gw2guilds.org before you judge.

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from but I garuntee they are not accurate.

But if you guys really want to never get into WvW and not be able to get into the server I guess thats your choice. But at least think of the other people that decided long ago to roll there.

Not trying to be inflamatory but if your numbers are really large it will cap out the server.

there are 80+ guilds that are heavily WvW focussed
    Last edited by Syphen; 24-08-2012 at 16:16.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    The Stormbluff site is really nice, I've been checking it out.

We made the decision based on the fact that some of us are into PvP and some good PvP guilds are rolling there.

ANet is also offering free transfers for a bit after launch, so it's really not that worrisome; we can always change later. And I saw the poster on the front page who was like "LOL didn't you do research" and yes, yes we did. We also held a vote between all the guilds. So

Nice throwing of water on the burning oil :( boom :(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lynie; 24-08-2012 at 16:32.

You held a vote and chose the 3rd most populated server to land your mega community on? Fascinating...

If you guys are looking for strong community this is def a good place. I am just worried about population. how many people are you looking at bringing ?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    Not trying to be inflamatory but if your numbers are really large it will cap out the server.
    I said, we're not really that large. Don't worry about it.

Stormbluff was pretty much a given on ever since the people I used to play top 10 gvg with decided on it quite a while ago.

Also is this what you do, rather up friends and go around to sites to discourage people from joining? That's kind of amusing. If it sucks that bad there are free transfers. It's not going to be a problem.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

ah ok if you guys aren't that large it should be that bad. I was judging by the 185,000 registered users on the site. :-D

We are not trying to really discourage or anything or seem like a bad community I assure you. we are just genuinely concerned about pop caps is all.
    Last edited by Syphen; 24-08-2012 at 16:34.