If you've got any helpful advice for new Engineers, or have discovered an interesting quirk then post them here.
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Engineer Hints, Tips and Tricks
24-08-2012, 15:46 #1
Engineer Hints, Tips and Tricks
14-09-2012, 12:09 #2
I'm afraid this isn't much of a tip or a trick but it is the single best thing I've done to improve my playing ability as an engineer.
I went out and brought a nine button mouse which has helped me condense all my 1 to 9 skills and f1 to f4 tools to either my mouse or keys adjacent to WASD. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford to do so.
04-10-2012, 08:38 #3
As far as engi specific tips go,
* toolbelt skill for grenade kit is a very high damage opener.
* Flamethrower is about the best skill for static targets (weapon racks, dredge cannons).
* If you have 5 points in alchemy, you should use engineer B as you hit 75% to double boon buffs for short god mode.
* For getting the shield master achievement, skill 5 on critters is the way to go (a long way though).
* Shield 4 is a blast finisher that combos very well with the f1 for healing turret. So basically: 6 - f1 - 4-4 - f1 for a big spike area heal.
* I would recommend always bringing a weapon kit. Engi is weak with only 5 primary skills compared to other professions.
* In group events, throw your toolbelt elixirs into the melee ball. They benefit far more than you, and if you trait up for them to do damage, even more so.
* The most versatile skills for engi are the shield skills. Learn to use them, learn to love them. They really form the core of my playstyle
This is a universal tip:
* every day, change 1 or 2 skills in your build. Play with them for at least an hour. Really learn your profession, one skill at a time.