PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Engineer Hints, Tips and Tricks

If you've got any helpful advice for new Engineers, or have discovered an interesting quirk then post them here.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

DVDF
    I'm afraid this isn't much of a tip or a trick but it is the single best thing I've done to improve my playing ability as an engineer.
    I went out and brought a nine button mouse which has helped me condense all my 1 to 9 skills and f1 to f4 tools to either my mouse or keys adjacent to WASD. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Rinoa View Post
    I'm afraid this isn't much of a tip or a trick but it is the single best thing I've done to improve my playing ability as an engineer.
    I went out and brought a nine button mouse which has helped me condense all my 1 to 9 skills and f1 to f4 tools to either my mouse or keys adjacent to WASD. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford to do so.
    Absolutely, the Razer Naga is virtually required for everyone playing MMO games, especially GW2 where more skills are useful compared to other games.

As far as engi specific tips go,
    * toolbelt skill for grenade kit is a very high damage opener.
    * Flamethrower is about the best skill for static targets (weapon racks, dredge cannons).
    * If you have 5 points in alchemy, you should use engineer B as you hit 75% to double boon buffs for short god mode.
    * For getting the shield master achievement, skill 5 on critters is the way to go (a long way though).
    * Shield 4 is a blast finisher that combos very well with the f1 for healing turret. So basically: 6 - f1 - 4-4 - f1 for a big spike area heal.
    * I would recommend always bringing a weapon kit. Engi is weak with only 5 primary skills compared to other professions.
    * In group events, throw your toolbelt elixirs into the melee ball. They benefit far more than you, and if you trait up for them to do damage, even more so.
    * The most versatile skills for engi are the shield skills. Learn to use them, learn to love them. They really form the core of my playstyle

This is a universal tip:
    * every day, change 1 or 2 skills in your build. Play with them for at least an hour. Really learn your profession, one skill at a time.