I'll keep this updated as much as I can with the latest news and info on the engineer. I expect this will mostly be skill updates and the like but if anyone discovers any undocumented changes that have been confirmed then post them up here.
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Engineer News
24-08-2012, 16:48 #1
09-09-2012, 08:58 #2
UPDATE NOTES – 09.08.12
· Updated the Engineer’s Firearms trait – Juggernaut. New text for the trait: You gain 200 Toughness while wielding a Flamethrower. In addition, gain might for 15 seconds every 3 seconds, as long as you remain in this weapon kit
· Fixed a bug with Go For The Eyes. It can now only trigger once every 10 seconds.
14-09-2012, 07:14 #3
UPDATE NOTES – 09.14.12
- Disabled the “stowing” auto-attack to prevent players from getting stuck holding these kits: Bomb Kit, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade Kit, Med Kit, and Tool Kit.
18-09-2012, 17:58 #4
UPDATE NOTES -17.09.12
- Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.
- Detonate Mine Field: This skill is no longer a blast finisher.
25-09-2012, 17:57 #5
• Grenade Barrage: This Grenade Kit skill should now be usable underwater.
• Short Fuse: This trait is no longer overwritten by the Grenadier trait. Also, this trait now works with underwater grenades.
• Speedy Kits: Added a 5-second recharge to the trigger for this trait. This was to prevent players from exploiting it to gain vigor buffs of extreme duration.
• Invigorating Speed: Added a 5-second recharge to the trigger for this trait. This was to prevent players from exploiting it to gain vigor buffs of extreme duration.
02-10-2012, 07:15 #6
- Elixir X: This skill now gains a duration increase from both the Inventions trait Elite Supplies and the Alchemy trait Potent Elixirs.
- Freeze Grenade: This skill no longer benefits from the Explosives trait Grenadier for 5-second cooldown reduction.
- Knee Shot: This Firearms trait now effects all immobilize skills for engineers. The effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds to prevent players from exploiting it to stack massive amounts of cripple.
- Mortar: This skill is now properly affected by the Inventions trait Rifled Turret Barrels.
- Rifled Barrels: This Firearms trait now works with the Elixir Gun kit when underwater.
08-10-2012, 08:35 #7
- Grenade Kit: Grenade skills now have the same cast time underwater as they do on land.
- Explosives Trait Grenadier: This trait now gives a bonus to underwater grenade skills.
- Big Ol’ Bomb: This skill has been updated to be a blast finisher.
16-11-2012, 00:11 #8
- Elixir X: This skill now only requires one cast to transform the user.
- Toss Elixir R: This skill’s recharge is increased from 85 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Elixir S: This skill is now improved by the Alchemy trait Fast-Acting Elixirs.
- Tool Kit
- Box of Nails: This skill now shows its proper area of effect.
- Gear Shield: This skill now blocks for an extra second.
- Magnet: This skill’s range has been doubled.
- The projectile speed of all grenades has been increased by 10-15%.
- Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
- Shrapnel Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
- Freeze Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
- Grenade Barrage: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only. It also now works correctly with the Explosives trait Grenadier while underwater.
- Smoke Screen: This skill’s graphic has been updated to show the area of the screen. It now pulses every 2 seconds for 6 seconds instead of every second for 5 seconds. This makes it more effective against enemies using attacks at normal speeds but prevents it from being abused to shut down quick-attacking enemies completely.
- Automatic Fire: Increased the duration of this skill’s Overcharge by 100% on Harpoon Turret and 25% on Rifle Turret.
- Electrified Net: Increased the velocity of the Electrified Net by 100%.
- Thump: Increased the damage of the Overcharged attack by 25%.
- Bomb Kit, Med Kit, Tool Kit, and Elixir Gun: These skills can now be equipped in the air.
- All kits can be stowed in the air now.
- Toss Elixir C: This skill’s cooldown will be set from 60 seconds to 30 seconds when underwater.
- Elixir Gun’s Fumigate: This skill will now be cancelled when using other skills on the weapon to improve responsiveness.
- Rocket Turret: This turret can now be detonated underwater.
- Power Wrench: This trait now applies to Gear Shield and Magnet.
- Incendiary Powder: This trait now states that it can only trigger once every 3 seconds.
- Elixir U and Elixir C: These skills have had outdated skill facts removed.
- Potent Elixirs: This skill no longer grants improper boon durations.
- Elixir B: This skill grants fury, retaliation, and swiftness for 10 seconds base, with might being applied for 30 seconds base.
- Smoke Bomb: This skill’s radius has been reduced to 180 from 240 when traited. Smoke Bomb is now active for 4 seconds, pulsing every 2. This change also affects the Autodefense Bomb Dispenser trait.
- Homing Torpedo: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Retreating Grapple: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Timed Charge: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Net Wall: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Harpoon Turret: This turret will now spawn at the engineer when the Deployable Turrets trait is equipped.
16-12-2012, 00:58 #9
- Engineer kits now inherit the bonuses from currently equipped weapon sigils.
- “Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.
- Grenade kit damage is now equal in PvP and PvE.
- Flash grenades and poison grenades now do damage when they explode.
- Elixir Gun—Super Elixir: Reverted the pulse healing effect to its previous intended state. Updated skill facts for this skill’s underwater version.
- Timed Charge: This skill no longer does bleeding, but applies a three second burn.
- Retreating Grapple: This skill now causes three stacks of bleed for six seconds.
- Homing Torpedo: This skill is now a small projectile finisher with the rifled barrels trait equipped.
- Grappling Line: This skill is now a small projectile finisher with the rifled barrels trait equipped.
- Timed Charge: This skill is now a small projectile finisher with the rifled barrels trait equipped.
- Net Wall: This skill is now a small projectile finisher with the rifled barrels trait equipped.
- Power Shoes: Increased move speed to 25%.
- Always Prepared: Now also increases downed damage by 25%.
- HGH: Drinking an elixir now grants two stacks of might instead of one.
- Sitting Duck: Instead of 5% damage, now applies five stacks of vulnerability for eight seconds.
- Shrapnel: Increased bleed chance from 6% to 15%.
16-12-2012, 13:30 #10
- Isle of Janthir
- The Fuzzy Physics Institute
Yay for kits using sigils! It is so sweet that I don't have to run around shooting monsters for half an hour to build up 25 stacks of Bloodlust. I can go to my kits right away.