PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    With my warrior the other day, I was able to circle strafe around a mob while I used a gun and it never hit me. I haven't tried this again, but I hope it was a fluke and not something that can be exploited.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Circle strafe works great in melee. Mobs often aim charged-up melee attacks and then when they release you're elsewhere.

At range, sidestepping works better because mobs aim ranged attacks to where you will be.

Dungeons start at level 30, but I did get into a rather long underwater puzzle that was lots of fun.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I circle strafe in melee, too, but not constantly. I think that needs some tweaking, but I am okay with it as-is: There are times I find myself getting hit by a mob's attack even if I am behind it / out of range. This seems to happen if I don't move quickly enough (even if I am out of range by the time the attack actually goes off) and do not use dodge rolling.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Enjoying melee combat is out of character for me. I did enjoy GW1 for that, and also Mega Man Zero.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I find myself needing to work on my timing. Often, I see an enemy start charging an attack so I react by dodging or using a blocking skill... except my reaction speed seems to be too quick at times because the attack doesn't come until after I dodged or my block ended...

On the flip side, the delay between sequential skills means that I find myself hitting a key like crazy to then get hit... and then dodge or block.

I'm split between how far I zoom out as well. I like to zoom out as much as possible and angle down to have good awareness of my surroundings. Problem is that sometimes I can't clearly see the enemy so I don't catch the tells before attacks... and for huge enemies I have to angle up to be able to see them.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    It just feels strange that the running speed slows down when you encounters a foe. Its as if every enemy have an automatic "ensnare" on you when they see you. I am sure many of you have noticed that by now.

To clarify, I do not mean the running speed while shooting. I am OK with the movement speed slowing down when I have to take a shot. In GW1 we couldn't even move when attacking or casting spells. However I don't like that fact that the running speed is slow even when you wasn't attacking. (e.g. when I just want to get away from 4 mobs)

Tbh I hadn't noticed but if its happening then its pretty much like other MMOs. You can "sprint" out of combat. This is usually to allow for faster travel.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I also think it has something to do with getting you to play the game a bit more. If you ran at full speed all the time, mobs wouldn't be able to catch up to you to engage you and you'd run out of even their ranged range pretty quickly.