PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ArenaNet Makes Tweaks

ArenaNet are flat-out trying to sort error code issues and they have posted a further update on 1032. People are still reporting they are getting the 1038 error*so it looks like there are still plenty of players having problems getting their accounts setup for the game. Donít forget to check our support forum if you [...]

More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 03-09-2012 at 14:51.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    they should really do something about placing ppl from the overflow to their own server, i just died because i was placed in the middle of an ambush.
    they should really give ppl invulnerability for around 20-30 seconds or until the player attacks, this makes it allot less frustrating.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

several errors have already been fixed, at least, problems are minimized.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    they should really do something about placing ppl from the overflow to their own server, i just died because i was placed in the middle of an ambush.
    they should really give ppl invulnerability for around 20-30 seconds or until the player attacks, this makes it allot less frustrating.
    I second this... There was a game update yesterday morning. So, I logged out and logged back in. And was placed in the middle of an event, having risen as foes. They're annoying as hell when you're even facing one alone, let alone if there are 4 or 5 different types focusing on you, while you're trying to get your bearing... Standing on a beach with shallow water didn't help either as I kept on surface swimming, which meant I couldn't do a thing and they could still hurt me.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    This have happened to me too - several times. I also agree with proposed solution, was thinking same myself. Well, I would have been happy for some 5 to 10 secs of invulnerability , but anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I have also find the dialog asking whether I want to travel to my own server rather annoying when it happens to pop up when I am in the middle of the "kill that gigantic boss" dynamic event and there's more things than I can handle happening already all around...
    Last edited by Viti Ligo; 10-09-2012 at 07:53.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Viti Ligo View Post
    I have also find the dialog asking whether I want to travel to my own server rather annoying when it happens to pop up when I am in the middle of the "kill that gigantic boss" dynamic event and there's more things than I can handle happening already all around...
    This has, sort of, been fixed. When the message pops up that you can move to the main server, there's an option to be taken off the overflow check rotation, so no more message after that.

I'd like them to also give you the choice when you first enter the overflow server. The message pops up telling you you're in an overflow server and you can click OK to proceed. Another option to stay in the overflow server on that message would be nice.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    hey look, even more spam.

still loving the new host?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

I suggest moving to a safe location before porting to receive infinite seconds of invulnerability. Isn't this common sense? Just saying
    - Kill hostile mob
    - Teleport to the same location on other server
    - Get killed by same hostile mob
    - Rage on forum

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    I suggest moving to a safe location before porting to receive infinite seconds of invulnerability. Isn't this common sense?
    In case of staying e.g. next to a Veteran mob that is pretty stationary and spawns additional foes, I have to agree.

What Sorudo & Rhon meant are DE areas that can appear empty and fill up with hordes of Centaurs or Dredge the next second. Unless you do not know the map and how DEs develop, you can easily leave your character in a "safe place" and return to the same spot, filled with foes.

A good place to "log out" usually is near a waypoint on the edge of the map or near a portal to another zone, or a vista.

Bad places are: Veteran patrol areas, rich mines, fine cooking material fields and DE areas with "assault type" events.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    In case of staying e.g. next to a Veteran mob that is pretty stationary and spawns additional foes, I have to agree.

What Sorudo & Rhon meant are DE areas that can appear empty and fill up with hordes of Centaurs or Dredge the next second. Unless you do not know the map and how DEs develop, you can easily leave your character in a "safe place" and return to the same spot, filled with foes.

A good place to "log out" usually is near a waypoint on the edge of the map or near a portal to another zone, or a vista.

Bad places are: Veteran patrol areas, rich mines, fine cooking material fields and DE areas with "assault type" events.
    Problem is, veteran patrol areas aren't always visible if the veteran has just been killed before you arrived on the scene... And the same for DE's. An example for that I already encountered. I was at a fortress. Safe point, you'd say! Sadly, no... Some Dredge assaulted that fortress using a digger!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)