Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    That...well, that's a good point. I mean it's a really small entrance, but I could see that.

But now you have me asking about spoilering how to get to the jump puzzles. I guess I can see that, but I guess I think everyone should be able to get to these things and spoilers would only be for the puzzles themselves, kind of like how we would tell people how to start a mission in GW1 but hesitate to tell them how to do it in case they wanted to figure it out themselves.
    how to start a quest is told by the game it self, finding the jumping puzzle is part of the puzzle.
    you can search for them on wiki but it will still make things way to easy, a bit like someone killing a boss monster so you can cap the elite.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    that's what bothers me, it's suppose to be exclusive while it's just standing there......
    I tamed a black moa chick in the HoM and it shows the same name before and after taming it. And they tend to lag behind a bit if you follow a direction where there is no path tor the pet to normally follow. So they owner probably just hasn't renamed it and recently jumped off the cliff or teleported somewhere.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    owned pets are seen with the level beside it, this one has a blank level.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    My favorite was the one in Metrica Province. Best so far. Love the jumping puzzles and getting better at them. The one in Metrica I did with guildies and I sucked but it was still fun. Now I think I might be able to do it faster with all the practice I had with other ones.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Jumping puzzles are temporarily out of business for me.

Reason: The camera seems to have gone worse recently, I even have issues with vistas i did easily during BWE's.
    The camera has a collision problem: It bounces back from walls and even gets stuck often. It than kinda freezes and one has to move the char to be able to change the camera view.

there is a thread about this on guru :

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...th-the-camera/

I tried the collapsed observatory jumping puzzle today. There are several spots where i would have to jump blind, because the camera is stuck and doesnt allow to zoom in/out or to look in the required direction.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I had the camera problem a couple of times too, but mostly just in caves where it's not a problem. I can see this being really bad in vistas.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    They know about the camera and probably will fix it soon. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...y_norn/c60rkta

On topic: The pirate cave in LA is still my favorite jumping puzzle, probably because is voice acted.

Troll's End was indeed very frustrating, mostly from teh recent camera issues. I've spent almost an hour from the moment I found the entrance until the end chest and 75% of the time was spent for just one single jump. Probably if I was using a different race than norn would have been better. Or at least a fixed camera.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i was using a human, no difference.
    i did a small unofficial jumping puzzle on the Balthazar statue in ascalon, 75% of time time i got the camera stuck in the rocks there.

sorudo.9054

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Oh good, the camera problem isn't just me being terrible. That's a relief! Glad they're working on it. I humiliated myself a whole bunch trying to do a random puzzle last night and falling off over and over in front of slightly bemused strangers that were trying to show me the way...
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:

I noticed this (stuck camera) a few times on my tall as can be Sylvari, but I was able to do Troll's End on my home pc. My work laptop was giving me migranes, but I think that was more lag related.

FYI, the Anet employee responding is not registered as such with reddit, so they won't have the logo after their name.