PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Viti Ligo View Post
    It must be something very scary....
    Nah, not scary, just boring...

At least the wiki is working again... I figured out I needed 264 Stretched Rawhide Leather Squares, 132 Bolts of Jute, 66 Tiny Venom Sacs, 66 Vials of Weak Blood, 66 Bone Chips, 66 Tiny Tomes, 66 Tiny Claws and 66 Tiny Scales to have all jute based medium armour discovered...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I don't beleive these figures even when GW1 went live they didn't sell that many accounts it took over a few weeks close to a month.

This really means nothing as to all those free games D2D have no purchase stats but I can tell you it is more than this.
    Last edited by Age; 29-08-2012 at 22:44.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Yep, that's right. It's a giant conspiracy theory. The game with the most subscriptions is actually Star Trek Online.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    GW1 was an unknown on start date. GW2, though technically unknown, too, had all the GW1 fans itching to purchase it. It doesn't surprise me that 1 million copies were sold by pre-purchase alone.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    GW1 was an unknown on start date. GW2, though technically unknown, too, had all the GW1 fans itching to purchase it. It doesn't surprise me that 1 million copies were sold by pre-purchase alone.
    Don't forget that those 1 million of copies don't have to mean 1 million buyers. There're probably less. I bet lots of people bought multiple accounts from the start (children, spouses, or even because they wanted to have multiple accounts). But it's still an impressive number.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I bet the number should go up big, especially now that ANet is eyeing to launch GW2 in China.

Despite the ongoing issues, ArenaNet reportedly signed a licensing deal with China's KongZhong Corporation just recently to bring the game live in mainland China, soon. If true, then that for sure will add up more to ANet's market sales.

Age posted, why is this not announced on the front page? Anyone?

These things are comedy gold.