10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE

Builds, Builds, Builds

Post your Warrior build

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...5-5.11.4.8.4.8

I can never decide which weapon to use, so that portion may change. It is also why I don't pick any +% weapon damage tactics up.
    Also, the old build tool had a tactic under Tactics that would activate Shake it Off if you had more than one condition. I don't see it in the new tool, so maybe it was removed. If not, I'll probably go for that and reduce the points in Discipline and Tactics (though that -5 sec weapon swap is nice...).

EDIT: An alternate since the above site was down.
    http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.20.0.30.5.15
    Last edited by RD; 30-08-2012 at 01:32.

Builds for what?
    Played mostly PvE, there I run Greatsword for mobility and AoE damage, sword/horn for mobility. All traits to offense! + Bulls Charge, Frenzy, For great justice, Elite signet.
    For dungeons I have so far been using mace/shield with hammer or rifle. + bulls charge, kick, shake it off, elite banner.

I've been playing my Warrior since I started and I've never really given much thought to the build. Currently, my build looks like:

Linky

Stats, I've just been going for Berserker's whenever I can.

I realize this build is rather poor but since PvE is so easy I never bothered trying to make a decent one. I switch weapons often and currently I'm going to start using GS so there are some obvious changes in trait selection I would make... but it made me think that I might want to try to get more out of the character.

Any suggestions?

I'm also interested in thoughts on stat allocation. My stats are currently:

Power - 1976
    Precision - 1583 (36%)
    Toughness - 1257 (Armor 2405)
    Vitality - 1258 (Health 21792)
    Crit Dmg - 69%

My warrior is purely WvW, and her entire purpose is to hit as hard as possible. IMO, dropping one person immediately contributes more to a fight than AoEing 5 people who just heal it off or cycle to the back of the zerg.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...nmxG9MGVRaVMVo

All of her gear is crit damage (runes of divinity on the armor) except for one valk axe that has the stacking accuracy sigil. When I'm running in a zerg I will switch the level 20 arms trait to make rifle shots pierce. I keep an eye out for people trying to revive when they shouldn't, line up the kill shot and hit everyone involved for 10k or more each.

For tower defense I pop FGJ and the signet, go out the door, hit skill 2 and then skill 5, leaving behind a pool of bodies around the rams. Rinse and repeat. That's what the two defense utilities are for, to allow me to survive that.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My build... please criticize...

Melee warrior. I took signets mainly for passive effects, but I can swap to shouts or banners without much cost to the build. I also like rifle and bow, but I don't use them in situations where I need to be efficient.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/...x.6c.6f.6d.0|e
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Are you using the axe/axe as the offensive loadout and switching to mace/mace when you want to go more defensive? Considering the axe primary damage comes from its auto-attack and the rest is "just" utility, I don't really see the point in using an additional axe offhand, especially not when the mace offhand offers so much better utility (invul, aoe kd).

That way you can keep your secondary weapon selection open for a ranged option, which I personally consider a necessity in certain dungeon and fractal content as well as meta-events. I also consider this my "defensive" setup - when I'm low on health and out of panic buttons, I just keep my distance for a while.

As far as the skill selection goes, personally I prefer the more active approach, so I would use "Shake it off" instead of signet of stamina and prolly just stick with "for great justice" over dolyak signet unless you really need the extra defense. Healing signet is fine with the recent boost, however, you have traits (more on that later) which would go well with healing surge, as I'm assuming you'll want to stay on max adrenaline as much as possible. Signet of rage is awesome given that you use it for its active effect whenever available and it's basically the only signet I have glued to my bar.

Lastly, the trait allocations in strength I like. I understand why you took 10 in arms, given all your signets, but personally I would put them into tactics instead, II or VI are just awesome. No objections to 30 in discipline, but considering you took berserker's power in strength, why not use heightened focus along with it? You can easily drop sharpened axes for it as you'll want to stay on full adrenaline anyway and as I've mentioned before, the axe main damage comes from it's auto-attack, so skill recharge isn't that important.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The trait suggestions make a lot of sense, thanks.

The dual axe I assumed that skills 2, 4, and 5 were good for damage and especially AoE damage. Am I wrong?

My build was meant for melee combat, but I do swap my weapons around quite a bit... Axe/Mace + Longbow is something I would run pretty often too.

I probably should stop using signets. Thanks for the suggestions.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Desolation
    Actually, the main source of damage for the axe is the auto-attack, namely completing the attack-chain (triple chop). It does cleave. Interrupting that with any other skill will in most circumstances lower your overall damage. Even when using the other skills for their utility effect alone, it's something to keep in mind and preferably wait till triple chop is completed. So with the other skills being reduced to utility alone, personally I just consider mace the superior offhand choice over axe.

For pure melee combat, axe/mace with gs on secondary offers the highest possible damage. If you want to focus on a pure melee build, this is something worth checking out. The ranged secondary is simply a personal preference of mine as I'm frequently using my warrior for content where it comes in handy.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Assuming I don't interrupt the chain (I am decent at that) ... do you still recommend just doing autoattack over getting fury and doing AoE damage? I usually try to fight multiple foes at a time, so AoE damage is useful generally...
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Assuming I don't interrupt the chain (I am decent at that) ... do you still recommend just doing autoattack over getting fury and doing AoE damage? I usually try to fight multiple foes at a time, so AoE damage is useful generally...
    You should already get 100% fury uptime through FGJ and SoR, so I don't think there is much point to dual strike.

Using the other weapon skills is situational really, using them to open up a fight, when you're surrounded, when their utility effect is more useful than raw damage or simply when considering the attack-chain is perfectly fine/viable. It's something to keep in mind and pay attention to rather than just spam weapon-skills on recharge.